Zenmuse Z15 operated by a second transmitter

Keith McLellan

If it's worth doing, it's worth doing well...
Rigging my first DJI S-1000 and have mounted a Zenmuse Z15 and BMPCC. I am in the process of setting up a Futaba 14SGA for flight control. What I want to do is operate the gimbal and camera on a separate radio. Can anyone help me with this?

Just so you know, I am a total newbie to this multirotor stuff. Tons of experience with fixed wing of all kinds and computer radios, though. I got my feet wet last month with an Inspire 1 Pro, and I love it. Operating it with two transmitters for separate flight and camera control, and want to set up my S-1000 in the same way.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'd even be willing to chip in some bucks for someone to come over to my place and walk me through this!

Keith
Lake Havasu, AZ

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
1: Bind a rec to the 2nd radio.
2: plug in Rec to Zenmuse
3: fly and control zenmuse.

Keith McLellan

Tried all that, per the instructions, etc., using a Futaba T10J radio (FHSS). However, the zenmuse assistant software does not see the connection and nothing works. Does this mean I must only use Futaba radio that uses FASST?

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
Are you trying to use S-Bus or direct channels. If your reciever turns on and is bound (green light) just try running CH 1 (ail) in the yaw channel on the zen and channel 2 (ele) into the tilt channel. Then usually CH 5 is assigned to a 3 way switch and put that into the mode channel. The Zen will work with a PPM signal, that should be ready to go then.

Keith McLellan

Well I got the gimbal working, talking to my Futaba T10JH radio through the R3008SB Receiver (T-FHSS). The Zenmuse assistant app still will not show anything at all, but at least the gimbal works. What I found out is that I needed to set up a mode switch (I just used the 2 position landing gear switch) to turn on or off gimbal control. In the off position, the gimbal locks forward facing and level, and in the on position I have full authority over pan, tilt and roll, including dual rates and expo. Until I set up the mode switch, nothing worked at all.

Thanks, SleepyC for your help. Very much appreciated.