Zenmuse Z-15

el gwiz

After a recent heavy landing with the S800 , the Z-15 gimbal took the impact and needed some wiring repair internally. In doing this job I managed to break the sprung contacts in the cylindrical connection. So now I need a new part as shown in the image. DJI said they will not supply this , any ideas where I can get one ?

it's a flat plate with 16 sprung connectors which rotate around a ridged cylinder. I've tried repairing it but to no avail , far too small to work on easily.

View attachment 14769

If anyone has any ideas I would be glad to hear them, however harsh they are !

Attachments

• _1060583.jpg
    _1060583.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 364
Last edited by a moderator:

FerdinandK

You will hardly (never) get this to work, send it to your dealer for repair. Even if you get such a part you will damage the contacts again if you try to reassemble the gimbal.

el gwiz

Z-15

You will hardly (never) get this to work, send it to your dealer for repair. Even if you get such a part you will damage the contacts again if you try to reassemble the gimbal.

I was beginning to think the same thing myself , thanks for the confirmation.

fritz99

Hello !

I sent my Z15 3 month ago to my dealer kopterworx.
He sent it to DJI for repair.
I asked my dealer when I will get back my Z15.
He does not get any answer from DJI !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am already very angry !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fritz

Fritz

Now this sucks! Maybe it´s better to keep the broken one for spare parts and buy a new one? Might be your best option...

el gwiz

Z-15 in bits

Hello !

I am already very angry !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fritz
Sorry to hear that, was it a big repair ? I have just arranged the same thing and have been told that there will be a long wait. The problem is that I am not as young as I used to be. My friend has three identical copters so that he does not experience any time being grounded; I have one copter and my operations have ceased.

I am also informed that , possibly, due to solar activity GPS malfunctions have caused more crashes than normal, do you think this is correct ?

I hope that your gimbal is returned soon and understand your frustration.

zeng

Sorry to hear that, was it a big repair ? I have just arranged the same thing and have been told that there will be a long wait. The problem is that I am not as young as I used to be. My friend has three identical copters so that he does not experience any time being grounded; I have one copter and my operations have ceased.

I am also informed that , possibly, due to solar activity GPS malfunctions have caused more crashes than normal, do you think this is correct ?

I hope that your gimbal is returned soon and understand your frustration.

So you were flying that "professional" S800 thing? If yes, then no wonder it crashed. Nothing to do with solar activity or such. They crash all the time. Our colleague crashed another one while our broken was in for "evaluation". Simply broke in the air. We had it, we used it. Then it just crashed, no pilot error or anything. Support is nonexistent, they'll find the excuse not to cover the damages. And even to hear an answer from them takes forever. 3 months and the gimbal is still not repaired?! This company doesn't know what the word professional means. OK for hobby type thing. Your mileage may vary. We are done with them. My advice for everyone - stay away from DJI, especially from S800.

Gedas
Spiderfly Films
spiderfly.eu

el gwiz

So you were flying that "professional" S800 thing? If yes, then no wonder it crashed. Nothing to do with solar activity or such. They crash all the time. Our colleague crashed another one while our broken was in for "evaluation". Simply broke in the air. We had it, we used it. Then it just crashed, no pilot error or anything. Support is nonexistent, they'll find the excuse not to cover the damages. And even to hear an answer from them takes forever. 3 months and the gimbal is still not repaired?! This company doesn't know what the word professional means. OK for hobby type thing. Your mileage may vary. We are done with them. My advice for everyone - stay away from DJI, especially from S800.

Gedas
Spiderfly Films
spiderfly.eu

This is becoming all too common as a customer response, next time I will go with an independent constructor, if it takes three months to fix a gimbal I will have to look elsewhere.

DJI Europe did get back to me straight away though , even though it was to say forget about getting any spares !