Zenmuse Vibration Issues

Eoin

Hi all,
Just wondering if anyone has come across this. I'm flying the S800 with Zenmuse. Everything was fine until a couple of weeks ago. All of a sudden I am getting constant vibrations in my footage.
I've stripped down and rebuilt everything. Remounted the Zen, rebalanced the lens, balanced all props, remounted the GCU (it's not touching anything on the main body) and done pretty much everything I can think about.
I just can't get rid of them.
Am I missing something simple ?
Thanks
Eoin

hjls3

just throwing it out there but...camera setting? not sure what you are using but i am using NEX5n and it for sure has some settings that it prefers.

Lanzar

just throwing it out there but...camera setting? not sure what you are using but i am using NEX5n and it for sure has some settings that it prefers.
Can you share them since i know sombody that hass flickering nonstop on nex5

DennyR

Flickering is normally sun hitting the front of the lens through the prop. Vibration can be many things related to the motor/prop.

hjls3

Lanzar - I usually set up the camera manually given the conditions and what i am filming. I have had a bit of luck with the auto setting on the nex with the zen, but you for sure want to manual focus. leaving auto focus on doesnt work and makes for some interesting footage. Some of that flicker that you are talking about. Assuming it isnt the sun as pointed out above.

Can you share them since i know sombody that hass flickering nonstop on nex5

Eoin

Thanks for answering guys.
The cam is a Sony Nex 7. Settings are all good. It was perfect with the same settings for months. I'm using the Zeiss 24mm 1.8
When rebuilding I checked all the motors and actually replaced two I was concerned about so, I don't think it's the motors.
I'm familiar with the flickering, it's not that. It's a subtle but definite vibration.
I've also checked every single screw on the S800 and Zen. Nothing loose.
I'm at a loss.