ZenMuse - Slightly Off Horizon

Has anyone flying the ZenMuse experienced your camera to be slightly off of horizon? Some flights it is a little worse than others, but almost every flight the camera is leaning slightly to the right. Since the ZenMuse is pretty much plug and play, I am not real sure how to correct this unless I make the adjustments on the mount. Of course I can make the adjustments in the Free Mode, but not Heading Lock.

Has anyone else experienced this or have any suggestions. I would really appreciate it.

fritz99

Has anyone flying the ZenMuse experienced your camera to be slightly off of horizon? Some flights it is a little worse than others, but almost every flight the camera is leaning slightly to the right. Since the ZenMuse is pretty much plug and play, I am not real sure how to correct this unless I make the adjustments on the mount. Of course I can make the adjustments in the Free Mode, but not Heading Lock.

Has anyone else experienced this or have any suggestions. I would really appreciate it.

I have the same problem

Fritz

Thanks DennyR, but you obviously do not have a Zenmuse. You cannot adjust the Trim in Heading Lock, and even in FPV it would only stabilize the "Roll". Too much trim either way would just cause the Gimbal to stay in a continuous "Roll."

I ended up loosening up and lowering the bottom left side of the mounting bracket and now I am shooting perfectly! Not sure if that was a good idea, but at least my shots and video are on horizon now. All is good!

copterstudios - I believe that the GMU is feed by the WKM system. So if that is calibrated correctly, your Zenmuse should be good to go. That is why is truly is a "plug-n-play" type setup.

Thanks so much.

DennyR

Thanks DennyR, but you obviously do not have a Zenmuse. You cannot adjust the Trim in Heading Lock, and even in FPV it would only stabilize the "Roll". Too much trim either way would just cause the Gimbal to stay in a continuous "Roll."

I ended up loosening up and lowering the bottom left side of the mounting bracket and now I am shooting perfectly! Not sure if that was a good idea, but at least my shots and video are on horizon now. All is good!

copterstudios - I believe that the GMU is feed by the WKM system. So if that is calibrated correctly, your Zenmuse should be good to go. That is why is truly is a "plug-n-play" type setup.

Thanks so much.

I have two Zenmuse and I do not have this problem. I can control and trim yaw, pitch and roll. In fact most camera movements I do with just the digital trims if I want the movement to be constant, continuous and slow. Roll is set on the left stick to prevent accidental movement once set, pitch and yaw is on the right. It works like any other pro level gimbal. Roll stays where I park it with the horizon at any angle I choose. As does P and Y.

If you moved your adjustment brackets to lower one side of the camera plate then the other side should be raised otherwise it will affect the balance but if you did this you probably have pulled the bearings out of alignment and damaged your toy. This should not be messed with if you don't know what you are doing. The structural rigidity of that final axis assy. was designed that way for a very good reason. The pitch balance is done first and any change to that has an effect on ALL of the other axis of balance. CopterStudios is correct, it is plug and play and was tested before delivery.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thanks DennyR I appreciate your reply. I have my Pan set to Rudder and Roll set to Aileron like the manual suggests. So you have those reversed? That makes perfect sense to me, and seems like it would be easier to control. But how do you hold those adjustments when you switch to Heading Lock? And please accept my apologies if you were offended by the "Obviously you do not have a ZenMuse!" You have two? You must be in this for business?

Also, I made a very, very slight adjustment to the mounting plate, however something told me I shouldn't have done that. It did correct the horizon of the media. I know this is a very precise piece of equipment, but I am not sure that a 1-2mm adjustment will affect the balance bad enough to pull the bearings out of adjustment. Very possible. Do you strongly suggest that I move that back?

Thank you again.

DennyR

If it works for you as is, I would leave well alone but if the final axis looks like it is a little tight then you need to go back to the original settings. If it is balanced correctly then no matter at which angle you place the model the camera should not move at all. Even when you hold it on it's side at 90 deg' to horizontal......

Pro cranes and electronic gimbals etc. work in the following way to form an industry standard. As you look at your monitor, when you want to move say to the left then it's stick left. Logical no.... When you want to look down then it's stick down (back) this is the opposite to what you have got used too with flying your model (ie pulling back takes you up.) It is more logical to follow an object this way. The roll axis is always on a different input to avoid accidental movement. Hope this helps. It is worth using this system as when you are asked to provide a service to a producer he may want to direct the camera himself.

Last edited by a moderator:

DMEN

Do you mind sending me a pic of the area you are talking about (bottom left side)? I have the same problem. Thanks.

Thanks so much.

DMEN

My horizon is also off by about 5 degrees. I have to adjust it to center before take off every time. There has to be a way to mechanically adjust it. I refuse to pay DJI $100 and wait for a month to do this. Can someone please reply with pics and how to adjust. I have an idea on which screws to adjust, but just want to make sure before making any moves. Thanks in advance.