Zenmuse H3-3D Problem

theboxinggymgc

When I connect my Zenmuse H3-3D Gimbal to my Phantom 2, it just go crazy... It turns and spin out of control and get hot. Everything is updated with the newest firmware. I calibrated everything I can think of. When I open the DJI Phantom 2 Assistant, it say my gimbal switch and IOC is turned off?

I have no idea how to turn them on. I installed the Nazam assistant and it don't recognize my controller or Phantom 2.

Could someone please tell me what I need to do?

Thanks

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
To get the assistant to recognise your controller you'll need to install the DJI driver whilst the controller is plugged in and turned on, I believe.

The spinning and getting hot doesn't sound right at all. I'd check your connections again. There's always the possibility you have a faulty Zenmuse.

theboxinggymgc

To get the assistant to recognise your controller you'll need to install the DJI driver whilst the controller is plugged in and turned on, I believe.

The spinning and getting hot doesn't sound right at all. I'd check your connections again. There's always the possibility you have a faulty Zenmuse.

Thanks Benjamin for the advice. I will try that. The motor getting hot don't sound right at all. I think the Zenmuse is faulty as well...

Anuga

Thanks Benjamin for the advice. I will try that. The motor getting hot don't sound right at all. I think the Zenmuse is faulty as well...
Any update on this?
Bought a Phantom 2 with H3-3D, assembled it and have the same issue (thou not always it seems). I've also updated every firmware, but it still does the self test perfectly, but after that it goes all funky and twitches and turns like it doesn't know the rest/default position.

And because it works all the time, the motors goes hot, and the rest of the gimbal aswell.

DeFinitive

I have a similar problem where the gimble doesn't calibrate itself and just hangs there after making a few noises and erratic movements. More than that, I can't even communicate with the RC via USB cable and RC Assistant Software, tried installing after switching on the RC etc, no lights on lower bar of RC assistant window, says "please connect to the controller!" Tried numerous times but same result. Same thing when I connect the Phantom via USB using Phantom 2 Assistant Software 3.0. I am using a laptop with windows 7.

I had the same issue with mine when I bought it and spent ages going through everything trying to fix it to no avail.
I took it back to the shop I bought it from and they gave me another one which was fitted on the spot and it worked perfectly and has ever since, sounds to me like you just have duff gimbals which will need replacing under warranty.
I guess with everything manufactured there will always be a small amount that are faulty, obviously they don't test them all in the factory.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DeFinitive

Seems my problem was a simple fix. I didn't have the latest driver installed for the Assistant software, after installing that and updating to v3.0 the gimbal calibrated correctly and is fine now.