Zenmuse 2-axis custom mount for flamewheel

Racer38

So I took the plunge and bought a Zenmuse 2 axis at the new lower price. Very happy with it straight out of the box, works Great. But this is about a custom Gimbal mount setup on my F-550. I didnt want to add any big landing gear so this is what I did.

I found a 2mm carbon fiber plate that is a bottom plate on a Gaui X7 Helicopter, cost me a whopping $4.99. I cut the shorter narrow section off one end, I use this piece as a backing plate to secure it to the lower frame of the 550.
I use 3m moulding tape to hold the plate securely to the bottom of the 550, this stuff rocks, it holds a set of window scoops on my mustang at 140 mph so I figure its pretty strong, I also have it bolted on the gimbal end as well.

So rather than try and explain it here are some pictures, if you look you will see the short piece I used as a backing plate, I just bolted it through one of the openings in the lower frame. Two of the landing gear were modified for a mount on my 450, so I now have to replace them to fit the 550 properly.

View attachment 14961View attachment 14962View attachment 14963View attachment 14964View attachment 14965

If I need to explain any of the photo's just let me know. It works Great, no jello and is super secure.

Craig

Attachments

• mount-1.jpg
    mount-1.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 275
  • mount-2.jpg
    mount-2.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 219
  • mount-3.jpg
    mount-3.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 215
  • mount-4.jpg