Your prop of choice and why?

Pumpkinguy

I'm gonna be in the market for 18" props. I have no bias whatsoever on brand or material type. CF tends to be more expensive than wood or plastic. In my mind, that does not make it better but if it is I'm willing to pay the price.
Many of you guys have first hand experience on trying everything available. What is your favorite and why? Thx

Rotorfreek

I need to ask... What are 18" props going to be going onto? What is your AUW? What voltage are you using? What kV motors are you using?

Sent by my thumb, a trusty slave to my crazy mind. The above is the ramblings of a lunatic, and should be treated as such. Terms and conditions apply.

SJBrit

Are you sure you can fit 18" props on there? That must be a big hex. You'll be making a whole lot of thrust with those props - are you sure they need to be that big? 17" would hover 9kg comfortably at just under 50%.

In terms of brand, T-Motors really are nice and worth the price IMO.

Pumpkinguy

I'm gonna use 17 if my uaw is 9kg but if It's a bit more like 10kg I'm gonna use the 18" as per the kde motor data.
It's a 1000mm hex.

SJBrit

I haven't tried wood, so I can only report on CF. They are very well made and perfectly balanced right out of the box (at least, mine were: your mileage may vary). Lot's of lift, quiet, light - I couldn't be happier with them.

Old Man

In terms of brand, T-Motors really are nice and worth the price IMO.

There really is no difference between a T-Motor and Foxtech carbon prop in the large diameters. One might be single piece and the other in halves, but it's essentially the same prop. Same maker of props. SunnySky and T-motor, same maker of motors. Hobbywing and T-motor, same maker of ESC's.