You be the judge

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Today, while flying my X650, I did what was either the greatest crash sequence ever or the greatest aerobatic maneuver ever, I was trying to maintain a stable hover above my front porch as my daughter was waving from a second floor window. It was my second pack of the morning and my 1 cup of coffee was wearing off so I was nearing a mental brown out while also trying to get my daughter in the shot. I think it was because I almost nicked the front of the house but I abruptly pulled back from the house and must have also chopped the throttle. In adding power while trying to maneuver I ended up upside down and heading straight down. While almost perfectly inverted I bounced the dome in the dirt (all four props had evidence of an encounter with the ground) and then landed on the gear WITHOUT BREAKING ANYTHING!!
The camera, overwhelmed by the unannounced and unanticipated encounter with the ground, scrambled the video file it was recording, rendering it unreadable. If anyone has a method to reprocess a video file so it will be readable please share it with me. I want to see that video!!!
sidenote, yes it was my wife's camera again. she's not impressed with the treatment I've shown her camera. to be honest though, I didn't buy the X650 to baby it. I bought it to make mistakes and so far I've made a lot. I cleaned the dirt off the props and swapped out the battery and it flew fine. Unbelievable!

Bartman

ran the chkdsk command and it repaired some stuff but i still can't get the files. i'll try again tomorrow.
still can't believe the quad is flyable after the crash (aka maneuver).

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Bart.. think you need to get something like a GoPro if you want to abuse your camera gear! In their housings they are pretty bomb proof.

Buzzed

Well Bart (clearing throat) on a 1 to 10 scale that sounds like a 8 for spectacular aerobatic maneuvers (tell the family it was not a crash, it was not a crash, it was not a crash)

Hope we get to see the video if it is recoverable.

Bartman

i was going to finally mount my gopro and 250 mw stinger to the X650 tonight but had to clean some dirt from the motor bell of one motor. i figured something had to have broken in the crash/maneuver and in looking at the motors i found that a snap ring is missing from the front/left motor. the little brass washer for that motor is gone too. when i pulled the motor apart one of the magnets was loose inside the bell.
i'll order a new motor tonight just to be safe. having me as a customer is good for business!
but i can't get the video to play!!! waaaaahhhhhh!

moslow

Hey Bart you probably didn't need any coffee after that wakeup...lol Nice save. Hey I have a new x650 motor if you havn't ordered yet. Since I don't need it. Will give you a deal, also have motor mount and rigger mount if you need. let me know.