Yaw Axis with Alexmos 32bit 3 Axis BGC

gtranquilla

RadioActive
Testing the new 32 bit 3-axis Alexmos SimpleBGC on my Cinestar with the tripod landing gear/yaw motor cage and a GoPro3+.
Normal configuration "heading" mode seems to work really well.... but I am having issues with the "Follow Mode" for Yaw.

Brushless Gimbal is the extremely light RCTimer 2 axis IMP
Yaw Axis brushless motor is the more powerful iPower GMB4008 150T 22 pole.
Extra power needed to account for total BG system and camera weight as well as the extra angular momentum to turn the tripod landing gear with all that.

All work very well most of the time when ground/sling testing.
Normal Yaw mode also works very well in the air.
But Alexmos yaw only "Follow mode" is not reliable in the air......
Many PID tuning settings and motor power settings have been tried already but with no end in sight!

Has anyone here been able to tame the yaw axis in "follow mode"?

kloner

Aerial DP
did you run the auto motor pole and motor reverse script? it's on that first basic screen, sounds like something is reversed. you will probably have to put the motor pole count back but it's the only way i know of figuring out the motor directions

gtranquilla

RadioActive
Thanks Kloner..... yes I did. There are also some who suggested I make sure that the middle of the three wires at the motor end becomes the middle of the three wires at the BGC end. I will check that out as well then double check the yaw motor direction again.
And there are some claiming that the Alexmos 3 axis systems meet the needs of Handheld 3 axis gimbal systems but as yet have not fully resolved the Yaw control issues more specifically to aerial platforms.

Heading mode works great though and is very good for straight line video work, e.g., tee box to the pin on the green + RC pitch and Yaw override as required.

kloner

Aerial DP
I've setup several gimbals now and for some reason, maybe what you explain there i've had follow modes work and not work, mainly pitch though i wouldn't doubt it's not some random thing where the motor wire is randomly centered on those...