Y6 GPS position hold tweaking

plingboot

Got my wkm/Y6 flying very well now, but i'm having an ongoing issue with it drifting when in GPS position hold.

It's not a toilet bowl issue, just a steady drift to one side - it happens in still conditions so isn't anything to do with wind.

Coax motors a aligned correctly and props spinning in parallel.

Would ideally like to get position hold 'locked' so i can yaw in a circle without any obvious shift from the spot.

Any ideas on what to look at to sort this out?

Thanks,

jetforce

FLY HIGH AND STAY HIGH
Got my wkm/Y6 flying very well now, but i'm having an ongoing issue with it drifting when in GPS position hold.

It's not a toilet bowl issue, just a steady drift to one side - it happens in still conditions so isn't anything to do with wind.

Coax motors a aligned correctly and props spinning in parallel.

Would ideally like to get position hold 'locked' so i can yaw in a circle without any obvious shift from the spot.

Any ideas on what to look at to sort this out?

Thanks,

Have you checked that all trimms on your TX are at zero ?

Dewster

My craft will hold rock solid in GPS mode on calm wind days. I've experienced a little drifting from position while turning in place. Sometimes I wonder if it is just the setup of the craft. It reduces power to some motors to turn and the system thinks that you are commanding it to change position. Just a thought. Comments anyone??

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
the issue i have is that it's drifting with no input at all…

C/G correct?.. Though not sure that would have any affect.. Is it all the time or just sometimes. To turn on the spot like on a pole is a BIG ask with out a 360º gimble. Mine is rock solid. Is it a HL ADX3 or a standard?

What Props/motor have you got? Again dont see why that would change it though.. what about the GPS is it pointing dead forward?

Dave

plingboot

@dave - maybe :tennis:

i did a favour for a friend - aerial photo of their house before major conversion work - and during the preflight i re-glued the GS mast making sure it was pointing straight ahead.

it was a windy evening with the Y6 obviously working to stay put - but the drift 'seemed' to have gone.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Good O.. I was going to ask about your Atti gains.. glad you sorted it.. can we make this post solved?

Secure the bloody GPS!

Dave

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Hi.
Could you post your Y6 setup?
I have build one but having some issues...

Aye Up Tiger.. you need to post yours so we can see what is going on. As posted I thik the differing motor tyes could be the issue

DAve