XOAR Props

Ti@goo

I never thought until I bought them that these propellers would come so unbalanced. Its even worse than the ones from hobbyking.

Old Man

Fact of life, all wood props require balancing. Sometimes a little, sometimes a lot. Wood has a moisture content. We don't know what it was when the prop was cut, how long it dried, or how it was cured. Then we have natural variables in wood density along with differences in laminates.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
XOAR props are just like that....like Old Man said, it's a natural material so it requires some tweaking. but the wood is good for flying, it's a natural vibration dampening/dissapting material and it will splinter when you crash taking the pressure off the airframe and motor shafts. Xoar is all I fly. Don't sand them to balance though, use a bit of spray paint at the tips for weight to balance them and lead tape from a golf shop to balance the hubs.

Bartman

and, fwiw, the electric props like what you have in the video are worse than the nitro props when it comes to factory balancing

violetwolf

I found (on my machines results may vary) that although the Xoars had similar lift to the T-Motor balsa core ones, they were considerably noisier. And about 1.5 to 2 minutes less flight time.

Old Man

Tip shape makes the noise, and although flight time may differ wood props do transmit less vibration to the airframe. That's why we've seen soooo many Cinestars with wood props. For everything there's always a trade off.

Ti@goo

The blades are well balanced, the problem is the hub. Hey Bartman I`m using electric tape, why do you say lead tape? Is it better? Is it heavier because I had to use a lot in the hubs..
I was a bit disapointed because I see so many Pro rigs using these props.

Bartman

The blades are well balanced, the problem is the hub. Hey Bartman I`m using electric tape, why do you say lead tape? Is it better? Is it heavier because I had to use a lot in the hubs..
I was a bit disapointed because I see so many Pro rigs using these props.
it only takes a small piece of the lead tape to balance the prop hub. i had been using aluminum tape from an HVAC supplier but even that got a little bulky, the lead tape is easy to cut with scissors and sticks well enough to be used on the prop. they make it for weighting golf clubs so it's pretty sticky.

Bartman

Attachments

• IMG_20151006_070203929_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20151006_070203929_HDR.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 194

Bartman

I've been wanting to try the KDE three blade props with the separate hubs and prop blades but for two blade fixed hub props I'm pretty well set on Xoar. for 12" and smaller I like the nitro props better than the electric props.

8 Pairs of 15x6
1 pair 14 x 5
All new in packaging
And a load of used (but still good) 14x4 and 14x5s

Also have Gemfan woodys:
4 pairs of 16 x 4.5
4 pairs of 15 x 4.5
2 pairs 13 x 4.5

Will do a good deal ;)