Xoar precision pairs on Cinestar 8

I just received some Xoar precision pair props (wood) for my Cinestar 8. Each pair is very close in weight, and there is one CW and one CCW.

My thinking was, "I'll put one on one boom, and the other on the opposite boom, then repeat." But in an octo, the opposite motor across spins in the same direction. So that logic is thrown right out the window.

So, what would you do now? Not worry about the pairing and just bolt those suckers on and fly? (Probably what I'll do.)

From my own experience with these, all of them are within the 3% weight difference as promised by Xoar, so you dont need to worry about keeping each pair on opposite props.

ghaynes

Benjamin, also interested in how this works out for you. A bit more detail please. Switching from what props currently (APCSF 14x4.7?) and the motor (standard QC3328?)?

Gary

Well, the Xoar props didn't work out as well as I hoped.

The props are well balanced, that's the good.

BUT, for my combo of motors (QC3328), frame (CS8) and flight controller (HFP), the APC SF 14x4.7 just fly better. I experimented with the gain a lot, but in the end the APC's just work better for this combo. The flight is smoother and you can tell that the flight controller isn't working as hard. When the wind picked up, it was messy. It was like the pilot was drunk (and I don't drink). The APC's, despite having less balance, just flew with more precision. The only noticeable advantage of the Xoars was that they descended slightly smoother, but that's it.

Now, I know that the Xoars fly great on other setups, and I can see why. The balance on them is good. But the HFP just didn't seem to like them. So I'll happily sell them to someone with a different flight controller (will post them for sale soon).

skivvie

I was hoping to try out the 13x6.5. Mario, the maker of the Flexacopter frame I have, uses them and seems to like them... actually I think he said he's using 13x6... don't know how much difference that would make. Hmm... lots of $ to plop on props hoping they work better than the 11x5 Graups...