XAircraft XAIRCRAFTAMERICA.com---Do Not Buy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zirt57

ok, i stand corrected but whatever his title he was very involved and the guy that seemed at the time to be (mis)managing the whole affair.

Jingchen is a software engineer who speaks English. Guess why he was the face of XA on the English speaking forums. He was/is one of the founding members of XAircraft who call themselves a team of Geeks. The decision to stop supporting the products on the forums came from higher up than Jingchen. When he was told to stop posting, he had to stop posting.

Jeff

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Jingchen is a software engineer who speaks English. Guess why he was the face of XA on the English speaking forums. He was/is one of the founding members of XAircraft who call themselves a team of Geeks. The decision to stop supporting the products on the forums came from higher up than Jingchen. When he was told to stop posting, he had to stop posting.

Jeff

Jingchen was almost exclusively on RCG and I suspect he caught a lot of heat when their products weren't living up to the hype. He would have caught some heat here too but we would have been a lot more polite about it!
It wasn't just Jingchen that went offline, the whole company seemed to cease operations when they couldn't make their flight control fly properly or their GPS function without it needing to be mounted ridiculously high above the rest of the helicopter.
They've rebounded and it's good to see they're growing and doing well.
Let's hope Drew isn't dealing with much more than a good case of work overload.

Zirt57

Jingchen was almost exclusively on RCG and I suspect he caught a lot of heat when their products weren't living up to the hype. He would have caught some heat here too but we would have been a lot more polite about it!
It wasn't just Jingchen that went offline, the whole company seemed to cease operations when they couldn't make their flight control fly properly or their GPS function without it needing to be mounted ridiculously high above the rest of the helicopter.
They've rebounded and it's good to see they're growing and doing well.
Let's hope Drew isn't dealing with much more than a good case of work overload.
They even went "off line" on the Chinese forums. Jingchen would not talk to me about it on QQ (Chinese chat program). Hell, they even went off line in the QQ XAircraft groups. He would talk about other things but not why they stopped communicating in the forums other than it was a corporate decision. I told him it was a mistake but the Chinese see things differently. I've studied their culture and understand why they did it. They don't see customer service as adding value the way we do. Interesting culture though.

Jeff

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
It must be said for the new readers of these posts your references are to the old XA not the present corporate set up

X

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
that is true, we are talking about past events at XAircraft. Is Jingchen still involved?

bobsquad

I'd like to chime in with my experience with XAircraft America. On Oct. 8th I purchased the X650 Pro Kit with SuperX for approx. $1100.00. I used PayPal for payment. I waited for the shipment which did not arrive. I emailed XAA on Oct. 23rd (15 days later) asking for an update on my order. It wasn't until Oct. 30th (22 days) that I got a reply. They said that "they are waiting on a shipment from Xaircraft to arrive any day now, and my order will be shipped immediately upon arrival. They said "We are sorry for the delay." " On Nov. 4th (35 days later) I called PayPal and talked to an agent and told them my situation with the order since I had 45 days with PayPal to register a dispute and had 10 days remaining to do that. I told PayPal that before registering the dispute I would email XAA again. I asked XAA to refund me my money before the end of PayPal's 45 day dispute. I also said that as soon as they received their shipment I would reorder the X650 Pro Kit. On Nov. 11th (42 days) they replied that they had no word yet from their warehouse. On Nov. 13th I called PayPal again and talked to an agent and again explained my situation. The PayPal agent then had my dispute escalated to a Claim. They said they would contact XAA and give them until Nov. 23rd for a reply with hope of resolving this matter. PayPal did not get a reply from XAA and decided in my favor on Nov. 24th and refunded me the full amount. Thank you PayPal. Two things bothered me about this (1) if XAA had no stock why did they charge my Visa (PayPal) for the full amount. (2) Why didn't they initially tell me they were out of stock. How does Paypal look at XAA as a business from here? Like the other posts said hopefully there are no unforeseen problems for the company. We don't know for sure.

Anyway I ordered basically the same thing from BuddyRC (Columbus Ohio) on Black Friday (Nov 28th) and got my order Dec. 8th in Ontario Canada and received a 10% discount as well. Great Service.

mediaguru

Bummer to hear all this. I ordered my SuperX 11 months ago and it was out of stock. In 2-3 weeks stock arrived and i received my unit (around Feb 2014). I had some troubles getting it running due to being a newb and Drew helped me out big. His advice was key in getting me airborne. So my experience was a good one, albeit before whatever "crap" is going on now.

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
This really bums me out. I had got to know Drew from XAircraft America quite well last year. He’s a very nice guy and seemed to be a very good person. I am not making excuses for the actions of the company, but it does bother me that this is happening.

The SuperX is a proven flight control and I use a lot of them!

Also.. XAircraft... how about some updates!

XA Ant

It is with regret we are announcing XAircraft's separation with our North American distributor XAircraft America. Many of you will be aware of the issues at hand, and it is not XAircraft's policy to speculate, however the decision has now been finalised.

XAircraft will honour all existing orders that customers are waiting on, however we will require absolute proof that payment has been made and also that no refunds or claims within PayPal, Visa, Mastercard or any other financial institution have been made. Please understand that this process will take some time, however we are committed to reestablishing our brand in this market. We would prefer you seek a refund through the above mentioned institutions and place another order with one of our other dealers listed below. Any pre orders made on MINIX will be honoured with the bonus OSD on value pack 1 and 2 included in your delivery.

Please provide a copy of your order, proof of payment including a screenshot of your associated transaction listing (blanking out any personal account information and amounts not associated with the transaction) and of course your details including shipping address. Please forward this information to Anthony Swinbourne on his email listed below.

Anthony's email - international@xaircraft.com

North American dealers list:

As I previously mentioned this process will take a little time and I thank you in advance for your patience and understanding.

Warm regards
Anthony and the entire XAircraft network
cleardot.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.