XAircraft XAIRCRAFTAMERICA.com---Do Not Buy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Hi guys,

It's rare that I'd issue such a warning but it appears that XAircraftAmerica.com is having trouble.

Just trying to figure out what is happening but there is an increasing buzz suggesting that XAIRCRAFT AMERICA isn't functioning properly. Please consider that you may not get your products and you may have trouble getting a refund if you purchase from xaircraftamerica.com

I've tried to reach Drew Wagner and I've spoken to his possibly former employee but there is little to indicate XAircraftAmerica.com is still a functioning business.

It may be a problem with XAircraft, it may be a problem with XAircraftAmerica.com, do your own due diligence before making a purchase.

Thanks,
Bart

Av8Chuck

It might also be a good idea if anyone who has purchased the SuperX from another dealer in the US share your experiences. The SuperX really does live up to its name and it would be a shame if people didn't consider it for future builds.

Although I have not purchased any of my SuperX's from John at AddictiveRC, I believe he still sells the SuperX and has been very good about answering questions and fast shipping. And of coarse, not sure if this would be the right answer, XAircraft Australia helped me with my latest SX upgrade that I purchased from XAA and have been very helpful on that "other" forum. Unfortunately Tony may have had a run in with someone here so he doesn't frequent this forum.

I would also think that XAircraft (the manufacturer) would chime in, none of this can be good for sale regardless of the circumstances with XAircraft America.

Pumpkinguy

The problem for us guys who have orders outstanding with xaa, do we go ahead and order from another vendor on the chance that Drew may come through and then end up with 2? I have $800 worth of product ordered. I know visa will get me my money back but I can't even file a claim until 15 days after the date of purchase. Sucks.

Wow... Never could have seen this coming. /s

Glad I got in under the wire.

IMHO, and don't get me wrong as all I own at this point are XA machines, XA has some nice mid-size consumer stuff and a really nice flight controller/OSD/etc. but they are being left behind by other companies who are innovating and producing pretty cool products which really date the XA stuff now.

In the N. American market anyway...

I think my next purchase is a QAV of some description or maybe a Chimera personally. I'd much rather support people that want the business and work hard to satisfy customers rather than those who are looking to blow themselves up...

Thank-you Bart, the end of an "era" perhaps.

Best regards all.

Av8Chuck

lots of people have ideas and opinions about things they like but that's not what this thread is about, nor is it the end of an "era." We don't know what's happening, Drew has not been forthcoming with an explanation nor have I ever seen any feedback from XAircraft (the manufacturer) in any forum's, so Bart has drawn attention to the fact that some of the members here are having difficulty doing business with XAA.

Hopefully one, or both will speak up here and provide information on why we should continue to support their business. What I find fascinating is that a company that prides itself on developing a controller that is remarkably easy to setup that they don't put the same effort in making it every bit as easy to do business with them and that they have virtually ignored this issue for so long.

Pumpkinguy, I paid through PayPal and it still took me two weeks to get it sorted out. If you've tried various ways to contact XAA and haven't received a satisfactory reply I'd stop payment as soon as possible, I doubt you'll receive any product from XAA.

Pumpkinguy

I paid on visa. Can't stop payment. Can only file a claim after 15 days. That claim will tie my funds up for a few weeks at least. What kills me is they guy is still taking orders. That is complete fraud if he has no plans on shipping.

Well then what is this thread about there then Chuck? Please, enlighten me and please spare me further BS.

"I paid through PayPal and it still took me two weeks to get it sorted out. If you've tried various ways to contact XAA and haven't received a satisfactory reply I'd stop payment as soon as possible, I doubt you'll receive any product from XAA."

Yeah, we don't know what is happening but nobody has had their orders updated and nobody can contact them, an "x"-employee says he's only answering the phone to tell people what a @%*$ Drew is...

Sounds like just a little hiccup. /s

I'll support Chinese businesses, CNCHeli, etc. instead if I need support for my XA stuff, thanks. Otherwise, it's getting to be a competitive space and there's a big world of innovation springing forth.

XA America is toast, wakey wakey.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bartman

What I find fascinating is that a company that prides itself on developing a controller that is remarkably easy to setup that they don't put the same effort in making it every bit as easy to do business with them and that they have virtually ignored this issue for so long.

Chuck,

Don't know when you entered the fray but the owner of XAircraft, Jingchen, was responsible for a similar disappearing act after his first lineup of helicopters proved to fly very badly and he couldn't get the bugs sorted out with firmware updates. It was a horrible and very awkward time for XA and (mostly) brought about the demise of the first XA dealer in the US, XAircraftUSA.

I AM NOT SAYING THAT THIS IS WHAT IS HAPPENING but I'd be very hesitant to suggest that the home management can deal with these sorts of things. Would love to hear another dealer chime in and vouch for the ongoing good health of XA.

Bart

Bartman

an "x"-employee says he's only answering the phone

the ex-employee told me that calls to Drew's phone are being forwarded to him and that he can't get them to stop forwarding them to him. that was how I ended up talking to him, he called me back after I called Drew's cell phone.

Naterpin

Chuck,

Don't know when you entered the fray but the owner of XAircraft, Jingchen, was responsible for a similar disappearing act after his first lineup of helicopters proved to fly very badly and he couldn't get the bugs sorted out with firmware updates. It was a horrible and very awkward time for XA and (mostly) brought about the demise of the first XA dealer in the US, XAircraftUSA.

I AM NOT SAYING THAT THIS IS WHAT IS HAPPENING but I'd be very hesitant to suggest that the home management can deal with these sorts of things. Would love to hear another dealer chime in and vouch for the ongoing good health of XA.

Bart
I don't think Jingchen was ever the owner.

XA Ant

For my comments on this situation please see my post in the XAircraft? thread. Due to my past comments on another "forum" I won't take anything personal regarding inaccuracies spewed by others here, I was told to be professional then, so will apply that to this thread.

Bartman

XA Ant's post from the other XAircraft thread

Hi everyone. Anthony from XAircraft Australia here.

I resisted for a long time signing up to multiple forums as I firmly believe they are essentially all connected through memberships, but it seems some topics are more predominant here than "other" forums.

I have forwarded links to this thread and more to Head Office and I can assure you XAircraft as a brand is here for the long run. I am waiting to hear from the powers that be before I comment on this current situation. If you do have an ongoing dispute that you feel has not received the attention it deserves please feel free to email me atinternational@xaircraft.com and I will do my best to try to speed up the process. Please understand, as stated before, XAircraft America is a dealer for XAircraft and is in no way connected to the brand other than by name, as is the same for all dealers using the XAircraft brand (my office included). This also means that my pathways of communication with Drew and his staff is limited to the same options open to you.

XAircraft is entering one of it's busiest and most productive periods of it's 7 year existence. A major investment has seen our Head Office in Guangzhou, and manufacturing across China, quadruple in size in a very short period of time. MINIX is the first of many new lines about to drop, with information on our newest platforms, XMission and XAirway, now online.
We recently formed a partnership with one of China's largest logistics companies, supplying and servicing the worlds largest fleet of UAVs for a delivery system across southern China.
More new product lines will open in the near future, including a variety of airframes from micros to industrial spec, new camera gimbals for various applications, control systems and more. I can not elaborate on these future lines so please don't ask - and I won't reply to emails based on questions regarding these lines so don't be offended if you haven't heard from me in three or four days.

Finally, I don't intend on "living" within any forum and only really will drop in when I am directed to by other members so please use my email address if you require my assistance.

Cheers from downunder

Ants

Naterpin

ok, i stand corrected but whatever his title he was very involved and the guy that seemed at the time to be (mis)managing the whole affair.
The way I understand it. He was a senior member at Xair. Then a bunch of traitors left for other Multirotor Companies. So they lost a lot of work and did not know who to trust. After a split like that the leftover crowd would need to wear many different hats.

Status
Not open for further replies.