XAircraft Xaircraft?

Naterpin

The only xaircraft dealer that i had a problem with was Xaircraft America. Everyone else was great. Very good post Av8Chuck. But i had more issues with other employees. Not Drew.

XA Ant

Hi everyone. Anthony from XAircraft Australia here.

I resisted for a long time signing up to multiple forums as I firmly believe they are essentially all connected through memberships, but it seems some topics are more predominant here than "other" forums.

I have forwarded links to this thread and more to Head Office and I can assure you XAircraft as a brand is here for the long run. I am waiting to hear from the powers that be before I comment on this current situation. If you do have an ongoing dispute that you feel has not received the attention it deserves please feel free to email me at international@xaircraft.com and I will do my best to try to speed up the process. Please understand, as stated before, XAircraft America is a dealer for XAircraft and is in no way connected to the brand other than by name, as is the same for all dealers using the XAircraft brand (my office included). This also means that my pathways of communication with Drew and his staff is limited to the same options open to you.

XAircraft is entering one of it's busiest and most productive periods of it's 7 year existence. A major investment has seen our Head Office in Guangzhou, and manufacturing across China, quadruple in size in a very short period of time. MINIX is the first of many new lines about to drop, with information on our newest platforms, XMission and XAirway, now online.
We recently formed a partnership with one of China's largest logistics companies, supplying and servicing the worlds largest fleet of UAVs for a delivery system across southern China.
More new product lines will open in the near future, including a variety of airframes from micros to industrial spec, new camera gimbals for various applications, control systems and more. I can not elaborate on these future lines so please don't ask - and I won't reply to emails based on questions regarding these lines so don't be offended if you haven't heard from me in three or four days.

Finally, I don't intend on "living" within any forum and only really will drop in when I am directed to by other members so please use my email address if you require my assistance.

Cheers from downunder

Ants

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
Well posted Ant, and should help some members, I have never seen a forum where a moderator has taken the action that Bartman has, and whilst I applaud his desire to protect members I think it is dangerous to then add subjective comment like a very past history into the mix. Nobody knows the full story!

It would have been sufficient to say CAUTION when dealing with XAircraft America and left it at that, we can only hope that Drew is not facing some critical issues in his life, either in or out of his control.

X

Av8Chuck

Thanks Anthony, forums often get caught up in the negative, Ant provided great support when I couldn't reach XAA. Thanks again. I'd just point out that confusion is often exacerbated because manufactures often rely on forums for "unofficial" support so there's an expectation that when we're talking amongst ourselves that someone from the manufacturer or their reseller will chime in and solve the issue.

Trouble is it gets quite confusing on what support, if any or whether feedback from these forums is actually making it to the manufacturer. I really dislike this, I would much prefer to deal directly with the manufacturer but they seem to use these forums as a filter preventing most people from dealing directly with them. So Ant if you wouldn't mind passing a message along that I believe most users can live with what ever support system XAircraft develops, they just need to develop one and if they're going to rely on forums they need to also empower someone to help answer questions.

I believe that's what DJI has done with TahoeEd and possibly a few other people and I think that's working pretty well. Although Ed was an early adopter to DJI he never became a "Fanboy" so his advice and bedside manner has always been calm and supportive so forum goers feel that not only does he communicate DJI "company line" but that he's a strong advocate for the users as well.

SamaraMedia

I've bought at least half a dozen times from CNC over the last year with no problems, quick delivery, would recommend them.

Naterpin

It was a little while ago that XA got a huge grant worth millions. People are mad because XA is not on the forums. Neither was DJIs hq or Zero. It is the dealers that make it happen. Thanks Anthony

Zirt57

ok. Thanks. No contact phone number to verify stock. Hate that.

You talking about CNCHelicopters.com? If their stock shows they have it in stock, then I have found that they have it. When they are out of stock, I've emailed Jeff at CNCHeli (szz88@hotmail.com) and he has gotten back to me within a day. Usually he has the stock but has just not entered it into the computer (or I suspect he pulls it from a kit and replaces it in the kit when he gets new stock). Very good customer service.

Jeff (not the same Jeff as at CNCHeli)

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Hi everyone. Anthony from XAircraft Australia here.

Welcome to the site Anthony and thank you for contributing to the conversation.

I have never seen a forum where a moderator has taken the action that Bartman has
Mouse, this has ben brewing for a few weeks and I haven't said anything. Yesterday I was contacted by a fellow site member and asked if I knew what had happened to Drew and his shop/site. Having Drew as an advertiser and having a few lines of communication to reach him I was very surprised when I couldn't get a hold of him and when my call to him went instead to his (former?) employee Ken. So I made a few more calls and checked in with others I know that also speak to Drew and the story was the same. So I didn't just post what I posted without first checking around a little and I didn't tell anyone the shop is definitely closed or intentionally screwing people or that XAircraft is definitely failing......I said that if anyone intends to buy anything from XAA they should thoroughly investigate the well being of the shop before ordering.

As I've said before, I feel responsible for what happens around here and if I were to not express my concern only to read that more people have ordered from Drew then I'd feel like I could have done more and I'd be accused of pandering to advertisers.

I'm comfortable with what was posted yesterday and, as an open forum should provide, another dealer came in and filled in the gaps for us. Thanks again @XA Ant;

I hope Drew is OK, I really do but whether it's a personal issue or a problem with his relationship with XAA, you guys will always come first and you deserve to get what you pay for in a timely fashion.

Regards,
Bart

Bartman

Thanks Anthony, forums often get caught up in the negative, Ant provided great support when I couldn't reach XAA. Thanks again. I'd just point out that confusion is often exacerbated because manufactures often rely on forums for "unofficial" support so there's an expectation that when we're talking amongst ourselves that someone from the manufacturer or their reseller will chime in and solve the issue.

Trouble is it gets quite confusing on what support, if any or whether feedback from these forums is actually making it to the manufacturer. I really dislike this, I would much prefer to deal directly with the manufacturer but they seem to use these forums as a filter preventing most people from dealing directly with them. So Ant if you wouldn't mind passing a message along that I believe most users can live with what ever support system XAircraft develops, they just need to develop one and if they're going to rely on forums they need to also empower someone to help answer questions.

I believe that's what DJI has done with TahoeEd and possibly a few other people and I think that's working pretty well. Although Ed was an early adopter to DJI he never became a "Fanboy" so his advice and bedside manner has always been calm and supportive so forum goers feel that not only does he communicate DJI "company line" but that he's a strong advocate for the users as well.

Chuck, Be careful what you wish for. Open forums for support enable me, you, the next guy to know what is going on in real time and without the manufacturer's filter controlling the flow of information. When support goes in-house then a lot of transparency is lost and only the issues they are willing to admit to are brought out into the light of day for users to know about. They also gain the upper hand to tell you your problems are caused by something you did.

Open forums can be bad though because there can be a lot of chaff to sort through to find the wheat but, IMHO, that is a small price to pay to have access to everything that is going on with your particular product.

I do commend DJI, as you did, for creating a group of people that are responsible for forums support and we value our ability to approach @Tahoe Ed; when we need to for information we might not get elsewhere. As a forums owner/operator I've approached him numerous times to get specific help to specific users that were particularly hard up or pressed for time.

Forums aren't perfect (don't tell anyone I said that) but short of us all living together they are valuable and do a lot to answer questions, stir people's problem solving juices, enable us to share our creative urges, etc.....all in all I think they're very worthwhile and I try to make this site as useful as possible.

@XA Ant; please pass along to XAircraft that if they'd like to make multirotorforums.com their official site for forums support we'd be happy to have them and will offer them the same fair and impartial environment to help their users that we try to create for everyone! :) That is in addition to having arguably the largest gathering of high level hobbyists and professional multi-rotor pilots/builders/operators on the internet.

Thanks for keeping it civil guys, you're the best. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Av8Chuck

Just to be clear, my point wasn't that support should or shouldn't be done through the forums, but that if manufacturers are going to leverage support through forums then it has to be a part of a well defined [and communicated] strategy. I don't care for DJI but I think the way they are leveraging forums is a step in the right direction. Not only does Ed help users get the answers to technical problems but he also does a great job of managing expectations, of decimating and filtering information from DJI in a way that lets forum goers know what they can rely on.

I don't think XAricraft is doing that. It appeared that's what they were doing when XAA burst onto the scene, we all know what's happened over the past several months and that's what makes this so disappointing. From what I have heard XAAus has always provided great support and they have certainly stepped up to help out any SX customers caught out as a result of this mess, however, apparently that's due to there heroic efforts not because of anything XAircraft has done. I have no problem routing all of my business through XAAus, but it might become a bit of a logistical problem since I'm in the States.

I'm also not saying that XAircraft is in trouble or going out of business or anything like that, but this is a pattern of, lets call it "forum abuse" that has plagued this industry over the past three years. Forums are an integral part of this industry and can be hugely effective if manufacturers provide the resources to manage the flow of communications. I've heard very little, if any, direct communications from XAircraft on any forum.

Someone mentioned that XA received a large grant or funding, if that's true good for them, but it also wouldn't surprise me because when cash is tight companies seem to focus more on current customers, when cash is good they focus on future products. They need to do both. If this is true they need to get the pendulum to swing back to the middle and start to effectively communicate future plans at the same time empowering people to help support the users. Forums such as these can be great conduit for that to happen.

Bartman

I'm also not saying that XAircraft is in trouble or going out of business or anything like that, but this is a pattern of, lets call it "forum abuse" that has plagued this industry over the past three years.

i assume you're referring to companies that rely too much on forums and their users to provide service that the companies themselves should be providing.

as someone who tried to take a series of products from design, through manufacturing, and to the general public, the allure of letting your customers support new customers is very appealing. a few companies manage to help very enthusiastic customers become online support people by giving them discounts or free upgrades or even a token salary but the ones that do nothing of the sort and solely rely on the generosity of strangers to support their product lines are indeed practicing a degree of "forums abuse" and customer abuse for that matter. unhappy customers that have been led to a forum for support can just as easily use that same forum to express dissatisfaction so what comes around goes around and the lazy vendor eventually pays the price.

a good forum will let these discussions flow and that is what we try to do here, that is until they take on a mob mentality and then we try to reel them in to whatever degree necessary so that things can remain objective.

we'll see what happens in this case with XAircraft.
Bart

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
As I've said before, I feel responsible for what happens around here and if I were to not express my concern only to read that more people have ordered from Drew then I'd feel like I could have done more and I'd be accused of pandering to advertisers.

I'm comfortable with what was posted yesterday and, as an open forum should provide, another dealer came in and filled in the gaps for us. Thanks again @XA Ant;

I hope Drew is OK, I really do but whether it's a personal issue or a problem with his relationship with XAA, you guys will always come first and you deserve to get what you pay for in a timely fashion.

Regards,
Bart

And as I said I applaud your concerns and actions, just saying a stern word is better than using a 'taser' or worst :rolleyes:

X

dazzab

I was pleased to see Anthony comment here. Living in Australia he's the dealer I purchase XAircraft from. He has been incredibly helpful when I needed support. I can't believe how much patience he has and he really knows what he's talking about. I have never had better support and service than I get from XAircraft International here in Australia.

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
I was pleased to see Anthony comment here. Living in Australia he's the dealer I purchase XAircraft from. He has been incredibly helpful when I needed support. I can't believe how much patience he has and he really knows what he's talking about. I have never had better support and service than I get from XAircraft International here in Australia.

I absolutely agree with what you posted PROBLEM! how will he put on his cap with such a swelled head? :D

X

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
XAircraft are conscious about their public image however, the Chinese way of doing business is far removed from the way non Asians perceive a business model.

Here is a link to their recently modified and improved web site, it is current and not from the past
Anthony has recently been to head office in China so he is telling it from first hand experience.
http://www.xaircraft.com/about/

X