XAircraft Xaircraft 650 -v8 motor power input

john420

Hi guys I got xaircraft V8 want to change the controller to DJI Naza so I am just wondering what capacity battery can it takes ?????also what Amp ESc can the xaircraft motor can handle please kindly lewt me know and if u hnow of any good ESC and cheap one plz let me know thanks

View attachment 15319View attachment 15320The v8 conversion to Naza was not the easiest for me (in fact I went Wookong). The xa ESCs were not compatible with my WKM, hence I needed to replace the ESCs and I replaced the motors too. The problem with ESCs over 10amps is that they won't fit in the arm. For this reason, I had to build a second floor on the X650 to accommodate the replacement 30amp ESCs (8 of them) which connected to a central power distribution board within the centre of the 650.
I used Torxpower 2216 motors and will include images to see the setup.
The work was expensive but worth it, as I now carry a sony Nex 5r and full downlink with ease. It flies an absolute dream
if I can help just shout...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 322
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 206
Last edited by a moderator:

john420

Thanks for the info's but can I ask why did u replace the motor ? and how much the new motor cost , what size battery do you use and the total weight without the battery thanks in advance

It was predominantly down to payload and reliability. The Torxpowers are around £30 each, hence the cost of replacing eight motors and ESCs was a big decision. I use a 4s 5000mah battery which gives a safe 7 minutes (fully loaded).. I have a number of multi rotors and this beastie is ridiculously stable and really powerful

john420

It was predominantly down to payload and reliability. The Torxpowers are around £30 each, hence the cost of replacing eight motors and ESCs was a big decision. I use a 4s 5000mah battery which gives a safe 7 minutes (fully loaded).. I have a number of multi rotors and this beastie is ridiculously stable and really powerful

Thanks again I want to keep the motors but do not know if those motors take $s Battery / any idea on that .