X8 Phantom Gain Settings

j437a

I have completed my built for the X8 phantom, but once throttling up after adjusting the gains the aircraft flips either right or left. The setting I have now is P-180, R-180, Y-150, V-170, A- 175, 175. Can anyone help me resolve this issue? Any help would be kindly appreciated.

R/
John

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
Hi John,

By X8 you mean 8 motors/props? I assume so.

I imagine you would want very low gains to start with. Flipping is usually a motor or prop turning the wrong way.

Why did you decide to go X8 out of interest?

j437a

Hi John,

By X8 you mean 8 motors/props? I assume so.

I imagine you would want very low gains to start with. Flipping is usually a motor or prop turning the wrong way.

Why did you decide to go X8 out of interest?

The answer to your question is redundancy and more weight capability. I have had motors go out before on my quad and with this I can at least avoid another crash with some stability for landing, and it looks cool. As for as the props and motors I made sure they were spinning in the right direction with the NAZA motor test for and X8 setup and the props forward leading edges were facing up on the top and bottom motors for lift.

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
Hmmm, then I'm not sure what to do. Your gains look pretty high possibly since it's an X8. As you've modded it quite a bit it's hard to say what the problem is. How are the motors linked up to the NAZA? Two ESCs on each channel?

j437a

Hmmm, then I'm not sure what to do. Your gains look pretty high possibly since it's an X8. As you've modded it quite a bit it's hard to say what the problem is. How are the motors linked up to the NAZA? Two ESCs on each channel?

The NAZA supports 8 ESC's. Once you select and X8 configuration the P1 and P2 ports become ESC ports which gives you a total of eight. Very easy to do just a great deal of soldiering 8 ESC's to 8 motors. I called intelligent UAS and they build X8 units, and said to start with the default settings and work from that point. They said changing your gains don't increase power just response time for each P, R, Y, V, and A setting.

Hi,
how are your bottom props mounted , although the motor is upside down the props have to be right side up similar to the top motor props if you are using NAZA the top prop spins opposite the bottom prop. double check them again.