XAircraft X650 v8 value and Escs burned

mfabriz

Hello, i bought the quad in title and,when i have finished to assembly all i try to start motors. All seems ok but after 10 sec with 20% trottle 2 Escs burned ( motor 5 and 6)
I checked all connections, isolate all motors and Escs cable and replaced the burned Escs.
I try again to start motors with blade mounted and after 3 minutes anorher Esc burned ( motor 1)
I re checked all anorher time and it's all ok. Also with computer all settings are ok.
Have you any suggest?
Many thanks
Regards
Marco

Bowley

hows your wiring from ESC to motor? this can often be the cause of problems. its tight in that enclosure for 6 wires and 2 motor shafts. were your wires all insulated from each other? XA know about these problem and advise to use spacers under the motor mounts and to heatshrink over the connections.

mfabriz

I spoke with Xaircraft...
I isolate all cable also under motors.
I have connected 1 esc to motor without put it on drone and burned also this...
No burn on cables, nothing, so i think was defected ESC

Thanks
Regards
Marco

rampa202

You didn't mention what battery you are using, is it a 3S lipo? Did the motors stall at any point before they stopped working? Not sure that would matter as most brushless esc's have overcurrent protection as far as I know. Also, I had a short between two output wires on a brushless esc and it didn't ruin the esc, but the motor didn't run right until I fixed the short.

It's hard to imagine you having so many defective esc's, but I suppose stranger things have happened.

Russ

Bowley

Are you using a gimbal? if so how are the servos powered?
If you are using a BEC do you have the ESC red wires disconnected at the FC?