X with O, Mixed up the S800 Arms

maxwelltub

So the other day I was showing my camera op how to put on the arms on the S800. After taking off I notice some weird yaw behavior. after hovering around about 5-10 feet I went into a spin. Luckily I was able to recover quickly and land with no damage. I thought for sure I had a prop nut slipping or something of that sort. It took about 5 minutes of looking things over on the ground to figure out what the hell was going on. Anyway just thought I would share this experience in case anyone was curious. When I initially took off into a hover and was pretty good, it was only yaw input that started giving unexpected results, and ultimately led to a fast spin which was quite tricky to get out of.

So in short, the lesson is

Always double check everything, especially when you get really comfortable.

Dont rocket up out of a low hover until you are sure everything is working well.

It happened the same to me yesterday, once I started to use yaw in some point i would loose yaw control and the S800 tried to yaw by it self, I did not fly higher that 10 feet so I safely landed, I also noticed that some of the motors were extremely hot and some of them were cold as ambient temperature I suppose because they were barely used during flight.

thanks for your input