Mikrokopter WOW! So Judge This

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
... I pulled all of the electronics off of it last night and started by rebuilding the PDB without provision for the I2C isolator board, the BLs are now wired direct to C and D connections and the long servo wire leads are gone as is the isolator board from the stack ...

Now that is interesting. Have you decided what was the root cause of the misbehaving? I am still half way through an AD-8 HL build (everything has been held up for more than a week waiting for bullet connectors, arrrggh!) but part of the delay is resulting from the 'extras' that are going on (and have to be planned in advance), one of which is the i2C isolator board. I have deliberately kept the PDB in original condition, should I wish to revert to a standard build, but this reduces the structural integrity of the whole assembly because the ends where the i2C links normally go are left floating, albeit with some gel pieces to prevent it from flapping.

However, if you reckon that the 'misbehaving' could be attributable to the isolator board I am not keen on keeping it - since it is anyway a bit of a pain from an assembly point of view.