Wookong M LED failiure any advice appreciated

Pinballer

The Problem has just developed for no reason whatsoever after several months of flawless use, my wing has never crashed or failed in any way until this morning. I arrived on site and upon sw my multi on I noticed the LED was not coming on at all. I rechecked all my connections and tried plugging the LED into the other available socket but to no avail any ideas?

I did a quick hover in Alti mode which seemed fine however without knowing the GPS status and adding to the fact I intended to recalibrate the imi/gps as I had changed my setup slightly after my last outing meant I was not going to risk my very expensive setup inc a Goodman Gimble / hoverfly combo.

I did contact the dealer I bought the WK from but said it would have to be returned to DJI for inspection (China) which could take a month or even more. He carried no spare LEDs and could not promise he could even try the LED out for me to see if it was a simple replacement needed which would save me the hassle of a full strip out! So if they receive the LED and its ok I then have to send the whole setup its nuts!

Is this normal of DJI? shipping back to them for a check over seems a bit daft why even have UK dealers if you get no help in sorting problems when they arise.

I wish I had bought a cheap naza now and at least I could have just bought a replacement IMU for £172 and kept flying. Paying £750 leaves you with a flightless multi for a month at least it seems and maybe even longer :(

Thanks in advance Colin

hover.ch

That happened to me too, three times now. Switching power off/on usually helps and brings the LED back to normal. One time I didn't notice the missing LED strobes and I flew; Atti was ok, GPS/Atti didn't work (although GPS did work beforehand).

My conclusion: In my case it seems to be a boot/power-up problem rather than a LED failure.

mitsaras

Hi hover.ch,
I am having problems with the LED on my Naza, it's also a BEC though, and sometimes it goes out completely (usually when the battery drops to about 3.9V/cell).
Did you solve your problem? what was the cause?

Thanks,
Dimitris

Pinballer

the Naza is a totally different setup to the wookong which components are routed through a BUS type system so sorry I can help, however it turned out my LED had failed and it looks like a common problem as some guy in the stated had sold over 60 on eBay. Mine was eventually replaced and all is now fine apart from a niggling slight rotation on my Y6

mitsaras

Thanks for your input Pinballer. My suspicion is also of some fault with the LED (maybe bad solder joint?), at least it's not a very expensive part to replace & dissect the old one!