WooKong M Driver Download

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
I read in the manual that failsafe should not be set lower than 10%. I have a DX8 and a AR7000 receiver. When I try to bind with say 25% throttle it will not let me and gives me an alarm because the throttle is not a 0. Has anyone else had this happen.

Thanks
Rich

Rich, explain this again or i a different way i am not sure what you are getting at ! I am confused were/why the binding of your RX and TX comes in.

Try to configure you DX8 not to take any action at singal loss or failssafe except switching the flight modus to failsafe

Boris

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
I have a 2 plate quad with the equipment on the top plate. It sounds like I should measure from the IMU and PGS to the middle between the two plates. Do you measure from the bottom of the IMU and PGS or from the top of them.

Thanks for the help.

Rich

You need to measure from the actual center of gravity on the Z axis. Where that is will depend on what you have under the quad or more specifically how much weight you have below the lower centerplate, the greater the weight the lower the CG will be. To start with you can assume the CG to be the center of the bottom center plate, you will enter negative numbers for the Z axis for both the IMU and GPS, when measuring the distance for the IMU, measure to the center of the box both horizontally and vertically, same for the GPS pod. It will fly using that as the CG but later you may want to fine tune it some depending on what you're carrying, getting it as close as possible to actual CG made a difference on my big hex, not quite as much on the smaller quad.

. Can someone recommend a rod length that seems to work best and do you just use 5 minute epoxy to put it together. I have a 2 plate quad and the equipment and GPS antenna will be on the top.

Use the longest one in the kit, the GPS has to be as far away from the IMU and control box as possible for it to work its best, too close and it will take anywhere from 5 to 10 minutes to get a lock. I used gap filling super glue with a shot of kicker to put the carbon rod into the aluminum parts, no problems so far, epoxy will work too.

I read in the manual that failsafe should not be set lower than 10%. I have a DX8 and a AR7000 receiver. When I try to bind with say 25% throttle it will not let me and gives me an alarm because the throttle is not a 0. Has anyone else had this happen.

I had the same problem with my JR 11X. What I found that worked was to set the RX in bind mode then turn on the TX with the throttle down, quickly move it to half way, then hit the bind button on the TX, worked for me don't know if it work on the DX8 but worth a try.

Ken

Hi Rich:
This is Andy from DJI.
Pls mention which date you sent the 64bits driver email enquiry? I will double check. Anyway, pls send me your email adress to andy.yuan@dji-innovations.com or send to support@dji-innovations.com. I will send the the 64bits driver firstly to solve the problem.
By the way, I want to say, DJI always attach great importance to all the customers. As DJI Managing director mentioned, we will check what happened, and will feedback to you.
Thanks for your support. Wish you a pleasure weekend.
DJI-andy

Hi Getaltung,

if you guys would manage to get a ticketing system going for email support requests I think you would set new standards in the industry/venture of multirotors. This would really boost the confidence in your product and the service surrounding it ! I also remember having sent support requests about 2 months ago and I never got an answer. It just makes people question statements like we offer reply in 24 hours and eventually the product. I am following threads in this forum and in Rcgroups and there are several customers who have experienced the same. I dont know how big the support team at DJI is but i think you would also profit from a support request tracking system internally to get a realistic scope of the actual demand and who is actually doing what in the support team.

Regards

Boris

Thanks, we will have the tracking system internal.
We will try everything to make it easier for customers to use our product and ask any question about it.
Any advice is very welcome.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Gestaltung.. look we made from what you made!

Brilliant..

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:

rwilabee

I guess where I am confused on page 4 of the manual under Matters Need Attention it says under #9. Do not set the failed-safe position of throttle under 10% of endpoint. Does that mean I need to bind with the throttle set to more than 10% so that in failsafe the receiver will not drop below 10%. If so when I try to bind the DX8 and Spektrum receiver with the throttle set to 25% it alarms me as I turn on power to the transmitter that the throttle isn't set to 0 and won't let me bind it. If they mean something else please let me know.

Thanks
Rich

Rich, explain this again or i a different way i am not sure what you are getting at ! I am confused were/why the binding of your RX and TX comes in.

Try to configure you DX8 not to take any action at singal loss or failssafe except switching the flight modus to failsafe

Boris

rwilabee

Hi Andy....

I sent the enquiry about 3 days ago. I also sent the inquiry using your web site and via a PM to DJI Innovations via RunRyder. It was actually a number of questions that the guys here have answered. The problem with the driver is that I had never heard of a .rar file. They answered me here and I decompressed it and I think that will take care of it during the install today. It was actually the 32 bit as the laptop I'm going to use is a 32 bit laptop.

Thanks

Rich

Hi Rich:
This is Andy from DJI.
Pls mention which date you sent the 64bits driver email enquiry? I will double check. Anyway, pls send me your email adress to andy.yuan@dji-innovations.com or send to support@dji-innovations.com. I will send the the 64bits driver firstly to solve the problem.
By the way, I want to say, DJI always attach great importance to all the customers. As DJI Managing director mentioned, we will check what happened, and will feedback to you.
Thanks for your support. Wish you a pleasure weekend.
DJI-andy

Last edited by a moderator:

DennyR

Setting the failsafe should be at about 15% but you also have to set your 3 position mode switch channel to span to output to hit the highlighted failsafe rage. Otherwise your failsafe will not work.
You can test it by switching off the Tx and watching the modes bar.

rwilabee

I'm a little confused by what you mean or how to do that.

Setting the failsafe should be at about 15% but you also have to set your 3 position mode switch channel to span to output to hit the highlighted failsafe rage. Otherwise your failsafe will not work.
You can test it by switching off the Tx and watching the modes bar.

Emowillcox

We spoke and they listened! Thanks Swift for the post. I went with the Wookong and now feel better about after seeing support from DJI. Swift
impressive and nice to see someone take responsibility for the lack of support. Looks like you have come up with a good plan. With your great
product and now some support you guys can make giant steps in the multicopter world. Like Boris said support for Wookong should help profit DJIReally happy to see you guys here.

Hi Rich:
Thanks for you replay, as I requested, you sent a new email to both of DJI support and my personal email yesterday. We got both, and I already sent you 64bits driver. For your other enquiry, we will reply to you within 24 hours.
Thanks a lot for your support.

DJI-Andy

Hi Andy....

I sent the enquiry about 3 days ago. I also sent the inquiry using your web site and via a PM to DJI Innovations via RunRyder. It was actually a number of questions that the guys here have answered. The problem with the driver is that I had never heard of a .rar file. They answered me here and I decompressed it and I think that will take care of it during the install today. It was actually the 32 bit as the laptop I'm going to use is a 32 bit laptop.

Thanks

Rich

rwilabee

Yes thanks Andy I saw that.... Great product you guys have.

Rich

Hi Rich:
Thanks for you replay, as I requested, you sent a new email to both of DJI support and my personal email yesterday. We got both, and I already sent you 64bits driver. For your other enquiry, we will reply to you within 24 hours.
Thanks a lot for your support.

DJI-Andy