WKM and toilet bowl dance

elossam

Just an experience. F450 with Wokoom and stock engines.
Using the last firm 5.14 it makes the unit start the toilet bowl dance with even more and more diameter.
Downgrade to 5.08 and the toilet bowl disapperared.
No idea about what DJI did on the more recent firm but looks like some configurations suffer different behaviour like this one.
Tested in a bigger flat octo and with 5.14 and no signs of toilet bowl.
Im fully lost about the unit mounted on the little F450.

Hi,
we have had exactly the same eperience with 5.10 and 5.12
Downgrading to 5.08 has solved the TB issue for us too.

Frank

jhardway

I also have seen a toilet bowl effect if the GPS was not aligned properly with the copter. You can see what I am talking about if you go to the manual page 42, there is also a whole element about configuring the compass on the previous pages there.

note this also has something to do with the copter may not fly straight with you give it straight forward input.

elossam

I´ve the GPS antena not centered with the frame but well forward aimed and the right values set in the program. Prove of it is that it performs well with 5.08 firm and not with 5.14 without any other changes. Time ago I tested a unit with the GPS wrong aimed 45º to one side and it did a TB effect plus tons of white flashes but in a very short space. In this case the TB starts seconds later of holding position and circles more and more with bigger and bigger radius. 5.08 goes fine but cant not use graupner ppmsum output.
For me, it has relation with the firm plus another reasson that escapes to me because it doesn´t happen to everyone.
Yves. You need the 1.26 software to make a downgrade to the 5.08j firm, and take care when changing firmware, in same cases the engines start sudenly turning without advise, remove the airscrews when doing it.