wind limit for flying octocopter

nileshafilms

Pankaj Sharma
When I was flying my skyjib 8 yesterday, suddenly wind speed increased and gimbal was not steady. It was just moving with wind.
So what should be preferable windspeed to fly octocopter?

pj1967

All depends on what gimbal you were using, i use the Photohigher gimbal, its ok for taking photo's, but a ***** for doing any type of filming as i always get a slight shake that i cant get rid off, i will upgrade to a better gimbal when the cash becomes available.

nileshafilms

Pankaj Sharma
I use photohigher av200 idd gimbal. And as you are saying, I think it has problem of jerk with wind.
how to fix it?

{}{steve}{}

I thought Photohigher gimbals were considered really nice gimbals? Could the problem be due to your gimbal being brushless and maybe it can't handle the weight of your camera? Is your octo holding steady while the gimbal is moving with the wind?

baker2055

Could be, mine is about 4 yrs old and has never worked very well. It has servos and a belt with moves a long curved toothed gear. It is hard to adjust and loosens up on a regular basis. After seeing others I think it is a poor design. It was my first and would defenitley be my last.