Why is there so much spam on this forum....???

ChrisViperM

Christmas time is coming...and so are the spammers, who would really like to find some dummies to buy their crap, fake Gucci shoes, oldfashioned Apple rubbish....what we are still missing is some offers from Dildo-World.

Is there not a way to keep those retards away from here....??????

Chris

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Chris there is only three of us mods. We do our best and if the automated tools dont get them then we do. The last two have been deleted and banned as soon as I got the notification from a member reporting them as spam.

I am not on 24/7 but if you see spam report it and one of us will jump in them ASAP. Todate out automated systems have caught over 6000 attempted entries..

We do out best.. but as you say the world is full of peeps with nowt better to do!

Dave

ChrisViperM

Dave, I am not complaining at all or bitching around. You guys are doing a great job on running this forum....I am just naive and hope these bastards are reading my rant....not against you...but against these useless retards from hell. What I still don't get is the fact that there is still spam on the net, since you won't find one single person who would say they like their mailbox flooded with penis extensions, wonder pills or any similar rubbish.....but there is still some idiots who pay these spammers....this is the only business model I know which is a total failure and still generates income for people (spammers) who are just useless to this world in any other way.

Sorry again for giving you the feeling it was against the Admins....

Chris

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Hi guys,

Like Dave said, we're doing the best we can to keep them off the site. I've installed an automatic anti-spammer utility that keeps a lot of them away but some do make it through (some get caught up in it also, sorry!) and we try to delete them once they surface.

It's a common problem with these sites, there isn't one perfect way to keep them out and they're constantly trying to get in. So long as we keep the spammers out that use automated means then we're winning the war. The one-off posters that wander in are almost impossible to stop but at least we manage to delete their spam within hours of it being posted, sometimes sooner.

Sorry for the inconvenience folks.

Bart

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Chris I was not taking it personally hence the first post what spam... As I had already deleted it!

I get notifications if some one reports it as spam so if i can get internet I ump in and sqush um!

:)

Thanks to Simiban for reporting them

Dave

ZAxis

Attachments

• monty_python_spam.jpg
    monty_python_spam.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 324

daskim

I moderate at a professional video site with over 93,000 members.

All we do is fight the automated spam. Finally, what we decided to do was screen all new registrations daily.

Two guys do it now, five times a day. We have over a dozen mods, and still some of it sneaks through.

Everything from selling stolen credit card numbers, fake Apple products, to "free" on line movies.

The spammers are persistent and insidious.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
TO all the mods , thanks for keeping on top of things.

View attachment 10513

andy

Thanks Andy for us all.. We may not always seen present on the forum but fear not we are always lurking! ;-)

'daskim' thanks for chipping in we aint got that many members but the spammers are still OUT THERE!
Chris.. roll that on!

Dave

Last edited by a moderator: