What type of props

jes1111

Hi Droider,
my other nickname on boards is catlord and IRL my name is Cedric :)

Well my point of view can be submited to judgement because I'm actually selling propellers but here it is anyway:
I choose to use XOAR prop on heavy lift configuration for several reasons:

First : the prop are very stiff
second : XOAR is the only manufacturer that is proposing "precision apparaired props" and this fits eaxctly our application: these props cost 20% more than normal XOAR prop because it's manufactured on the same machine by the same guy. Xoar warranty that the prop have the same pitch, same angle of attack and same weight. WHen Ireceive the prop I measure the weight of each one and I make pairs (every pair is within 0.4gr).
Third: the weight. XOAR props weight (for 13x6.5") is between 18 and 23gr but majority is around 20/21gr This is 60% lighter than APC of the same size and even lighter than the new Simon's jardine props (carbon fiber) Perhaps because these carbon props are made on the same shape than APC. As you know probably: the lighter the porp is, the lower the vibration amplitude generated will be.
Fourth: these props can handle 2.2kg at 6000rpm and more than 3kg at 8000rpm. rpm limit is 10 000, far far away from the RMP APC limits.

I have had several customers return about the good quality and the smooth flight you have after balancing these props so this is my best choice for the moment :) I have to do several test on different size /different motors, I must find the time to do it ...

Hello Cedric! I'm Jeremy :)

I'm curious - if Xoar are sending these out as "precision pairs" how come they vary in weight so much? If the average weight is 21g, that's a variation of +9.5/-14.25%! How much variance is there on the regular production?