What to do next with your Radian stabiliser.....

ZAxis

Many of you will have noticed that development by FreeFly of the Radian stabilser has stalled with no updates for a long time now.
Well check this out
http://www.carvecsystem.co.uk/

http://www.carvecsystem.co.uk/order

The original developer has decided to move the system forward himself, using a single Radian module as a 3 axis controller. Its something I will definitely keep an eye on and given John's record on the Radian, it should be a good'un.

andy

Bowley

Looking good!! Liking the fact there will be an upgrade for existing radian users, Brushless driver module, fab!

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
wasn't it supposed to work as single 3-axis system/module in the first place?

Bowley

Given that it has the hardware to so so, but not the firmware, I would have said so. Gotta give it to them though, great businessmen.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Its been a bit of a hush hush project. I was going to do some testiunng for John but unfortunately I had a bit of a fire and have only one working machine with Radian so until I could get back up and running with a test rig I could not test anything.. Noe Andy did you not have a couple of Radians spare? I could do with one as a test unit!

Also PH brushleess AV200 mod/upgrade is out anytime soon so it may be a great combo.

Dave

ZAxis

A longer look around carvec's web site will give quite a good overview of whats on offer. It does look like the Radian was designed as a single 3 axis controller and John gives a good explanation as to why that never quite happened ..... out of true pulley wheels.
My initial feeling is that it is a little over priced when compared with Alexmos type systems, £300 against less than £200 but if it is simpler to setup and gives a new life to zombie Radians its good. It could be an interesting battle between the two.

Dave... we switched over to a KamKop brushless direct drive gimbal for our CX730 just yesterday and then this pops up so perhaps the prospect of making a brushless gimbal for something larger may encourage us to keep at least one of our Radians so one is spare. Are you serious about an AV200 conversion ? Not from PH I hope. I really can't see how a brushless system will help on a geared/pullied system like the AV200, brushless really means direct drive in my mind.

andy