What parts do I need to put a Zenmuse on an F550?

adanac

Apart from some kind of mount (that apparently DJI doesn't offer!!!), what do I need to get an H3-2D going on my F550?

1) What kind of cable from gimbal to FC?
2) Does one typically power the GoPro from the system or with the internal battery only?
3) Anything else to think of?

adanac

That video answers none of the questions I've asked. I'm wondering if you meant to post something else.

1) What kind of cable from gimbal to FC?

The flat one that comes packaged with the gimbal.

2) Does one typically power the GoPro from the system or with the internal battery only?

I use the internal battery on the GoPro.

3) Anything else to think of?

What guidance/GPS are you using? My Zenmuse H3-2D module interfaced directly to my Naza-M v2's PMU. It was all plug & play. Pretty simple really.

As far as mounting the gimbal I bought a Neewer FPV skid through Amazon. So far I'm happy with it. Lets you mount the camera/gimbal way forward to keep props and skid out of camera view. Also allows you to mount the battery on the bottom to the rear of the 550 to offset the weight of the camera equipment.

U.M.

F550_bat6.jpg

F550_bat7.jpg

flamewheel2.jpg

flamewheel3.jpg

flamewheel4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Yeah it's a little bit flimsy but seems to do the job well enough. I was a little concerned about mounting a 600+ gram battery on the bottom of that tray, but it seems to be holding up well thus far. Then again I'm not pulling max G's with this thing either...

U.M.