what does a rapid stream of green flashes mean?

jackmulti

Hi,

I have a naza v1 and when I turn my fpv transmitter on it keeps blinking red indicating no GPS lock. How can I fix this?

Also, after trying to get a lock for say 1 minute the naza outputs a quick burst of green flashes, then continues with the slower red indications. What does it mean?

Thanks for sharing your insights

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
Move your GPS antenna and VTX as far apart as possible, also try calibration the compass with the VTX on. I had this with mine, I had to do what I stated to get a good lock, it would either flash red all the time or go green after 3 minutes just to fail back out to two to three red flashes again. Some have used filters (SAW) to cut back the frequency that interferes with the GPS I believe..... I may be wrong on the filter type..

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
The quick burst of green flashes indicates "home position lock", the manual shows this, sounds like you are using a v1 with the newer firmware, so you may need the Naza 2+ manual.

Manual found here.. http://download.dji-innovations.com/downloads/nazam-v2/en/NAZA-M_Quick_Start_Guide_v1.18_en.pdf
Snippet of manual here.
greenflash_zps6e458e82.png

Last edited by a moderator:

jackmulti

Thanks guys. Nope, old firmware.

My manual doesn't show the green stream info. I'll look it up again. How come it show home lock with no GPS lock? Doesn't make sense to me.

It's hard to get things further apart on a 450 quad. My transmitter has a SAW filter, but I don't think it is helping much. Very frustrating.

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
Mine does it all the time, it will flash red, get some green, flash the greens and pulse with a red, then flash the greens again. I do not fly until the second round comes in, I am on the V2 software 2.12 I believe.

jackmulti

Mine does it all the time, it will flash red, get some green, flash the greens and pulse with a red, then flash the greens again. I do not fly until the second round comes in, I am on the V2 software 2.12 I believe.

You get two rounds of all greens?

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
Yes I do, or was. I had my VTX interfering with the GPS, seems to lock on right away now, but it was doing it twice. First time it went into the greens it would flash 2 reds, down to 1 red and flash all green again, indicating RTH lock or home position lock, whatever you want to call it.

jackmulti

Yes I do, or was. I had my VTX interfering with the GPS, seems to lock on right away now, but it was doing it twice. First time it went into the greens it would flash 2 reds, down to 1 red and flash all green again, indicating RTH lock or home position lock, whatever you want to call it.

i'm going to reposition the GPS and see what happens. Thank you so much for your help. Much appreciated.