Welcome to RC Shutter

Seems that in order to trigger a Canon 7d in ir remote mode it must be in timer mode- I guess I should have ordered the wired version only for shutter.. so no way to shoot any high-speed from what I have no found!
I'll keep you informed on what I can learn!
Thanks for the quick shipping!
Jeff

meme

I have to tell that i've got my Product from RC Shutter: The IR Shutter works very well, fast shipping and great service, they answered my questions in a few minutes.

cheers,

meme

RCShutter

Founder of RCshutter
Thanks meme,
I hope everything is ok.
Have a nice flight :)

I have to tell that i've got my Product from RC Shutter: The IR Shutter works very well, fast shipping and great service, they answered my questions in a few minutes.

cheers,

meme

Str8 Up

I am having no luck getting this to work on my 5D Mk2. I have tried both 3 pos. switch and stick. I think it may be DOA. Anyone else using it on this camera with success?

Cletus

I'm installing a second 2.4ghz TX/RX system (non-flight-critical control function) to give a camera-man control of REC, TILT and ZOOM of the Sony camera. To do this I'm using a cheap Hobby King TX/RX system and a clever IR coupling device "R/C Shutter".

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=15142

http://fpvhobby.com/192-rc-shutter.html

A miniature toggle switch on the aircraft and a little clever wiring, allows switching of the Gimbal-Tilt signal between Pilot 1 and Pilot 2. This way before the flight I decide weather I'm flying solo (P1) or relinquishing tilt control to the camera-man (P2) and activating the secondary receiver for REC and ZOOM functions as well.
The TX/RX has arrived and the "R/C Shutter" should be here next week .....can't wait!

In doing the follow-shot of the horse at the field (see youtube vid below), my spotter was wearing the Fat-Shark goggles and verbally communicating the framing to me (as the pilot I could hold altitude and direction pretty well, but could not get the tilt right). That's when we realized how cool it would be for some camera control at his end.

..........This project just keeps getting better and better!

GimbalControl_zps526e1e25.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ywxuoa68fc8&feature=share&list=UUw2fWOo8-iEjkzmUknfia7w

DSC_0024_zps8e7f2d93.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Cletus

Really, really simple:
DPDT switch routing the control signal (blu) from either the Spektrum or HK receiver going to the DJI controller. The returns (blk) are all tied together and the second side of the switch applies power (red) to the HK rx when in P2.
So, if I'm flying solo (P1) I have control of the tilt function only (8ch Spektrum rx and all channels used up) while DJI also influences gyro stabilization of the gimbal.
When cameraman is operating the camera (P2), tilt control is shifted to his TX (HK) and DJI still influences gyro stabilization of the gimbal. The HK rx then also controls the REC and ZOOM functions of the RC Shutter.

DJIGimbalSW_zps16e7dfd9.jpg

Have not actually got the HK 4-ch tx in my hands yet, but I figure I will be converting the "rudder" channel to a simple toggle sw (three fixed resistors should do the trick) to control the camera REC function (ON or OFF).
"throttle" channel will control gimbal TILT and "elevator" channel will operate the ZOOM ........should make for an intuitive setup:)

Last edited by a moderator:

Str8 Up

One of these worked for about a month and died suddenly. The second one died after about 3 months, also in the middle of a job. Very disappointing.

SMP

Haven't had any of ours die, will keep an eye out for it. In fairness however they are like 14 bucks, we bought 5 or 6 of em and keep em in our flight bag for immediate replacement if they ever fail.