warning about 3axis alexmos controller

A word of warning about i2c errors and 3rd axis boards. I have just fitted this 3 axis board to my gimbal and I found it worked perfectly until I plugged in the 3rd axis board and then I got tons of i2c errors. I tried all the usual stuff like ferrite rings shorter cable, twisted cable ect ect. all with no joy, so I thought I would do a continuation check on all the connections and check the voltage supplies.
To my surprise the pins that fed power from the main board to the extension board where at the full 16v of my battery rather than the 5 v they should be. So I reckon when I first plugged it in the voltage has fried the extension board and is now giving me a load of errors.

I known the extension board is faulty because I plugged in another one I had and powered it externally and it works perfect with all 3 axes showing no i2c errors.
So if you plan on using a set up where the voltage to the extension board is supplied from the main board, do yourself a favour and check it first!

kloner

Aerial DP
I'm pretty sure if this is like viacopter the 3rd axis board is full voltage.... mine is. you will get errors till the sensor is orientated properly, then they should subside and it'll start working after it is orientated right and calibrated the acc/gyro.........

I've setup quite a few of these things and seems to be the usual........ if your not on viacopter boards, what brand are you using?

I'm pretty sure if this is like viacopter the 3rd axis board is full voltage.... mine is. you will get errors till the sensor is orientated properly, then they should subside and it'll start working after it is orientated right and calibrated the acc/gyro.........

I've setup quite a few of these things and seems to be the usual........ if your not on viacopter boards, what brand are you using?
Actually your right kloner it should be full voltage (my brain is a bit frazzled from trying to sort these i2c errors) anyway it still must be a faulty third axis board as I have plugged a different one in and it works fine

remvideo

maybe one of you can help me. I've got the three axis rc-timer asp gimbal, was working great for a flight at a local spot, landed and changed batteries. and then the pitch motor started going NUTS when i plugged back in. I've got it home and I'm getting i2c error 878 and the pitch motor has been blanked out in the software.
View attachment 15152

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 273