Vuzix Glasses

baker55

Well my Vuzix goggles died the other day, maybe dropping them on the frozen ground had something to do with it! Any suggestions for replacements? I am using the 1.3mh and the Vuzix were crystal clear but they don't fit properly and I had to put the lenses into ski goggles. So I'm open to other options... thanks in advance

baker55

So I ordered the Fat Shark Basics because I don't want to switch everything over to 5.8. We'll see how these compare.

Razzil

I find them ok, if you lid back in a lawn chair ... haha .. I find they need some sort of band like the fat sharks to keep them on your head. They've never falling off me, but they don't feel right to me. I'm open to suggestions. Other than that, I find them pretty good.

baker55

So, I've had a few flights with the Fatshark basics. They are ok, but the Vuzix are much clearer and better in low light. Fatsharks are much more comfortable to wear. I had my vuzix in snowmoble goggles but they were not as comfortable as the Fatshark. All in all I am happy with them.

Jake Bullit

Fly,crash,glue,repeat!
My Vuzix die /come back to life on a regular basis.Ive put an rma in to Vuzix,BUT NOT GOT ROUND TO RETURNING THEM YET:shame:
(refurbs btw)

baker55

Well now that I have had the Fat Shark Basic SD for a while I like them less and less.(all others were sold out when I needed them) The image is not clear and especially here in Manitoba where its winter half the year I can't tell if I'm on the ground or in the air the contrast is so bad. Other than the comfort they are not even close to the quality of the vuzix. I thought it was my transmitter but when I switch to a monitor it is crystal clear. Any suggestions for goggles? Are the higher end fatsharks better?

Razzil

I was thinking the same ... I love the quality of the Vuzix wrap 920 .. wanting to know how they are compared to the newer and higher end Fat Sharks.
They still feel like they are going to fall off though, and I need them pushed up somewhat to get a dead on video result.
I haven't really looked into the ski-google mod yet but I should.
Google Glass should be out soon. That should be crazy, much like the pirate eye idea.

crcr

Has anyone got any updates of an glasses they have tried. I'm also looking for some video glasses to use for a solo operation. I currently have eyetops but the video display is just too small and hard to see a clear picture and can't really read any OSD text.

Thanks

SMP

Love the Fatshark Dominators on 1.3 & 5.8ghz. Far better clarity and contrast than the older Fatshark RCV922. No clue as to other brands.

crcr

The problem with the fatsharks is that they are designed for FPV. Do they offer anything for a one man operation with the video screen display only in one eye?

sofiahuang123

hi, i'd like recommend you one video glasses VG320A, 72inch virtual screen, av in function can connect with iphone, ipad, ps3, wii, dvd, tv, all the devices which have av out function. pls contact me for more details if needed.