Video feed delay problem

Steveinid

I got my Phantom 2 Vision (P2V) about a week ago and have been loving it. It's perfect for the beginner.

But... I'm having some issues and I'm wondering if this is just the way it is and I have to work around them or is there a problem.

1. The video feed will sometimes, not all the time, be delayed for up to 30 seconds. For example; I landed it and shut it down. I looked at my video and noticed that on my video it was still descending. Other times I'll be flying and I will turn it. I can see that it has actually turned but on the video feed it will still be going straight and then turn about 5-10 seconds later. This could be disastrous if I get in a situation where I am depending on the feed for navigation.

2. File size. If the video I'm recording is too big (1.5 gig for example) then for some reason my computer doesn't read it. I have two computers and neither will play the video. I've even tried it from the SD card and it is a no go. I've also tried playing it with several programs and none of them like it. They all say they don't recognize the file format. All smaller video files are fine. I just make sure I stop and start recording every few minutes so I can keep the file size down.

I've been recording on 1080/60. I'm wondering if that might have something to do with it but it really shouldn't.

I have another camera that automatically breaks up video into small segments so it keeps the file size down. If you record for an hour straight you will end up with 4 video files. When put together in a video editor, they are seamless and you don't notice they are different files. Something DJI may want to consider.

Last edited by a moderator:

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
Why would this be something DJI should consider?

What video transmission are you using? It sounds like you're using a Gopro and possibly the wireless video from that. The problem is your gopro wireless/bluetooth.

You should not have any delay using a proper video system.

Steveinid

I'm using a Phantom 2 Vision... P2V!

They should consider it so it doesn't result in the problem I'm having with my Phantom 2 vision.

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
Ah, the Vision. You're at the mercy of the iPhone wireless. There will always be a delay. It's funny how DJI never mention this.