Very Odd issue .. Help Please

Visvid

London Newbie
Sorry if this is posted in the wrong area but my frame and the kit is all DJI and on a 550. My problems started last week when my Zenmuse started screeching having only been used for 9 flights. Emailed my supplier and awaiting a reply. Two days on decided to check everything again and Gimbal completely dead however I did notice that my GS Data Link Quad end was not showing the status LED's. Both the Zen and IOSD and GS go through a Can Hub. I took out the can hub out of the equation and and the GS started to work as did everything else (tested individually). The can hub was plugged into the PMU.

Now if I plug the Can hub directly into another DJI accessory in this case the Zenmuse and run a lead from the PMU to the Can Hub everything works ??? Interestingly enough the Zenmuse worked but its not happy at all making a grinding noise and then flopping to one side before redoing the calibration, grinding noise and then flopping . This is where my confusion starts if I run a lead from the PMU to the Can Hub then plug the can Hub into the Zenmuse or any other DJI accessory it works. Am I missing something here as I was under the impression that the can Hub merely acted as a power hub. As for the Zenmuse well thats another story but any comment would really be appreciated as this kit has spent more time on the bench than in the air. Thanks

I really am at a loss and am somewhat disheartened especially seeing all the post about the Zenmuse failing

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
A screeching Zenmuse doesn't sound good mate. I think you'll have to send it back to your dealer or contact DJI for a repair. Did it have a knock of any kind whilst powered up?

Visvid

London Newbie
Thanks for the reply... It really has been treated with tender gloves and I can honestly say never knocked or crashed or mishandled. I always switch on the camera before powering anything up as well as per the instructions. Waiting to hear from my supplier as my contract is with them just hope they are as good with returns as they are with sales. Thanks

Visvid

London Newbie
As an update to my issue it would appear that my Zenmuse is working, it was suggested to re-flash the firmware even though I was running the latest. I did this rebooted everything and it works, well it holds its position, I no longer get any Video out to my FPV monitor so something between the gimbal and the pmu is failing, power is on the Iosd and also the gimbal, luckily my retailer has been brilliant and am sending the components to see if they are able to identify the issue. I must also say that DJI in Germany have also been very good (China take note).. Actually feel like I am getting somewhere albeit slowly.