Vertical Surges in Altitude Hold- WKM

techcoder

I am looking for anyone with this issue, and has found a solution. I have vertical surges on a WKM Quad that previously has been flying well for sometime. Out of the blue it started to go up and down within a couple of feet very fast. It acts as if I have the vertical gain set too high. The Quad flies well in Manual, very smooth, so I believe there is not a hardware issue with the quad. But it is very jerky in the other two modes, only up and down.

I have cleaned the hole on the IMU, re-did calibration, re-loaded firmware, check connections, etc.

Any thoughts before I go to a dealer in the US.

Mat

Aviator

I am looking for anyone with this issue, and has found a solution. I have vertical surges on a WKM Quad that previously has been flying well for sometime. Out of the blue it started to go up and down within a couple of feet very fast. It acts as if I have the vertical gain set too high. The Quad flies well in Manual, very smooth, so I believe there is not a hardware issue with the quad. But it is very jerky in the other two modes, only up and down.

I have cleaned the hole on the IMU, re-did calibration, re-loaded firmware, check connections, etc.

Any thoughts before I go to a dealer in the US.

Mat

Was this problem ever solved? I have tried everything and got nowhere yet

elossam

Its a hardware issue, you can tame it lowering the main gains of roll and tilt but the problem will stay there and will go worse. The unit I saw doing that finished doing toilet bowl as well and now is waiting for a DJI reply. No idea if it' s related to gps, IMU or mixer box.

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Avaitor can you be more precise about it. I never had the issue but i heard from a lot of people having similar problems. What exactly did you change ?

Aviator

Avaitor can you be more precise about it. I never had the issue but i heard from a lot of people having similar problems. What exactly did you change ?
Hi Boris, I thought that you may have read about it on RCG? if you have the same user name, as I do.. Either way it hopefully will help someone, here is my post from RCG
Vertical dropping and rising problems solved...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator1
The problem in theory would point to the barometric pressure sensor in the WKM which is piezo resistive and shouldn`t be affected by vibration at least not at the levels you could expect on the S800? although temperature will affect it but this should be accounted for in the firmware..
Although in practice I still haven`t figured it out yet
confused.gif

Eureka!! O.K it came to me last night whilst lying in bed at 2.00am... The problem is quite complicated and a design fault.. However the solution is very simple, basically the way the s800 is shaped mainly the entry points to the inside of the frame when the wind blows through them it creates a vortex type enviroment inside and dramatically changes air pressure so even if you have foam over the small hole in the IMU? it will not make any difference.. However if you block up all the entry points on the top of the frame and the sides with foam this phenomena does not occur.. The reason this affects some more than others is purely the placement of their equipment inside the frame creating a different environment.. I have tested this theory on one flight so far and all the problems with dropping and climbing are gone! even in fast forward flight I can let go of the sticks and keep altitude... Anyone that feels I deserve a pat on the back for my efforts please feel free? That includes DJI.
Dean

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Thanks for the info. Yes i have the same name in Rcgroups but i might have missed it. I always suspected that ! Thanks i have a friend here in vienna who had the problem i will forward it to him !

Boris