Using T and R under SBUS

apeman88

I just switched from JR9303 to a Futaba T12FG because I want to be able to use the SBUS (so I can have remote gain). My setup is a CX4 (Quad) with WKM on 5.12 and radio is Futaba T12FG with R6208SB SBUS Receiver. I also have the CX1 gimbal mount with tilt only. Under JR9303, I have Mode(U) on Aux4, Gimbal Pitch (X3) on Aux3 and IOC (X2) on Aux2. Reason for the switch over to Futaba SBUS is I want gain control. I thought I can move Gimbal to T or R and have X3 free for Gain Control. I can't figure out how to move Gimbal to T or R (and maybe even IOC if at all possible) so I can have X3 (and even X2) free to use for remote gain.

Any one know how this is done? thanks in advance.

Ken

tppeng

You don't need to use T/R for gimbal because you are only flying Quad. Tilt and Roll will still go to F1 and F2. Sbus goes to X2 while your PWM goes to X1. This is for your wire attachment.

Now, on the channel assignment, by using sbus with WKM your Channel 1,2,3,4 are Aileron, Elevator, Throttle, Rudder respectively, and your 5th Channel become X2, while 6th is X3 and 7th being the flight mode switch.

In WKM software, X2 can be assign for IOC or remote gain adjustment, X3 can be assign for Fail-safe, gimbal tilt, or remote gain adjustment depending on what functions you need.

I personally fly with remote gain on X2 and X3 until I find my bird flying well in general weather condition. Then I will switch them to IOC and Gimbal tilt respectively. When using futaba and some mid to high end Spektrum/JR we use mixes for failsafe, not X3.

Hope this helps!

Andi

apeman88

Thanks Peng... as for Wiring... I got that all correct with SBUS to X2 and PMU to X1. I am using a mix for Fail Safe so am not using X3. So from your response... I will not be able to have remote gain, gimbal tilt, Flight Mode, IOC all working together on the radio at the same time? That defeats the purpose for me to switch to Futaba SBUS! :-(

Ken

tppeng

The problem is with DJI not Futaba. They should implement a function to allow users to assign channels for different functions, once they done that, Futaba's 14/18 channels becomes dominant.

apeman88

Thanks. That really sucks. I spent $850 on a T12FG thinking I would be able to have remote gain go through X3 by moving gimbal to T or R. Oh well. Expensive lesson. Might go back to JR.. Still like JR better than Futaba.

Ken