KK Flight Controller Using a KKboard to control a tracked vehicle?

phaseshift

Hello everyone, I am looking for a way to control a RC tank. I only need 2 outputs for the motors but I would like an option to mix them together for forward and reverse. I also in the future will be installing servos and such for the elevation, barrel recoil, and turret rotation. My questions are:
1. Is it possible to turn off the gyros completely?
2. Could I mix two channels to operate in sync (both tracks forward, or both reverse)

Right now I have a tank with brushless motors and steel gearboxes (man does it fly) that I take to the track to play with. It is controlled using a pistol radio where I have got pretty good at controlling the throttle and steering at the same time to work the ESCs in tandem. My goal is to switch to a control board that can add a few features I have been looking for like the mixing and the ability to control multiple outputs.

Does this sound like something I should be looking into, or should I be looking at airplane mixers? Thank you all for your time.

I'm thinking you shouldn't be using a flight control board, but rather should go to a two stick, 4+ channel radio (insted of a pistol grip car radio). You could mod the throttle stick to be a self centering (like the other stick) with the center being motors off. Use sensored car brushless motors with reversing ESC's (car esc) so you can push both sticks forward to move forward, use diferential stick pressure to make turns and opposite stick movements (fore/aft) to pivot.

A flight control board stabalizes in three axis of movement.

phaseshift

I'm thinking you shouldn't be using a flight control board, but rather should go to a two stick, 4+ channel radio (insted of a pistol grip car radio). You could mod the throttle stick to be a self centering (like the other stick) with the center being motors off. Use sensored car brushless motors with reversing ESC's (car esc) so you can push both sticks forward to move forward, use diferential stick pressure to make turns and opposite stick movements (fore/aft) to pivot.

A flight control board stabalizes in three axis of movement.

I wish to use the control board for leveling and stabilizing the barrel but that can be achieved later. I also am interested in the KK board because it has mixers built in for the quads and such, I would just need to find a mixed channel to make forward and reverse 1 channel. Then I could use a second channel for steering. I already have individual tank control with each track using a air radio, but the purpose of this tank is to take to the local hobby track and let new people drive it. It would take too long for someone to get used to two tracks for control when they already know how to use a surface radio. I would make sure to get a 4ch or more surface radio so that I could use the extra channels for firing the airsoft gun, elevation, and more if possible.
I have a airplane mixer now, and can run the tank on a pistol radio like I wish, but I want something more advanced and something I can play with and modify for future use. I appreciate the response and am open to suggestions. Thanks!

soler

You would be better using a simple gimbal controller if you just want to stabilise the barrel, have servos drive the barrel as if it was a camera.