Mikrokopter U8 and MKBL2.0

ovdt

No, you need at least 6S for U8 motors. You will not get enough lift with 4S which is BL Ctrl is rated for. Bl Ctrl 2.0 is ready for 5S but you will have some heat issue if you do so.

anaka

hi ovdt

which ESC do you suggest for these motors and Mikokopter FlightControl?

I suppose that Hercules III can work but do you know something cheaper?

ovdt

I don't have much experience with Chinese ESCs reliability. I have tried HK F-40A ESC with Simonk firmware but only on the bench. You can try these ESCs with I2C converter from Abusemark. It's the cheapest solution.

You can use CC Ice ESC with multirotor firmware.

The most expensive but the most reliable is Herkules III, if you ask me. Or you can wait January 2014 for MK to release their new 6S BL Ctrl. January is just a guess from me.

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
You would have another advantage with the herkules. They have a version that can do 8s, probably a better setup for those motors !

Boris

anaka

hi ovdt
the MK 6s BL Ctrl would be really good for me, all my system is mikrokopter and if I prefer to avoid adapters and other things from other developers

hi Boriss
you're right, 8S is better for that motors but it depends also on how much weight you need to lift, my goal is to gain flight time mainly and then lift up a RED scarlet, i think that 6S lipos and 18 inches blades can be good

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
yes can be good but why not get the max out of it ! not lifting wise but flight time wise like you want to achieve. I would check the config the kopterworx guys were using. Think that they were going for 8s and bigger props than 18".

https://vimeo.com/75063681

But no matter which ESCs you deciced to go for. Get the green light from the manufacturer that they can really handle your desired motors ! Just buying 8 escs an than getting the answer sorry we never test these motors ( had that story before ) is a bummer. I personally would either get in contact with andreas from herkules and aks him if he tested them already or go with tiger ESCs but than again i have not heard of any one yet that was really happy with the i2c converter !

anaka

yes watching carefully the video it looks like they are using the biggest props possible from tiger

I totally agree with your suggestions on bigger props and esc but i wanto to find a good mediation between costs, weight, lift and dimensions

to match all these things makes the challenge more exciting :D