Tuning values, 3DR Iris+ with Tarot 2D??

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Can someone please post values for tuning that I can try as a first step?

Thanks
Bart

dazzab

Isn't the Iris preconfigured? I'd be surprised if it required tuning. But if it does, I'd use the auto tuning function as it works great.

cootertwo

Both of my Iris+ machines flew right out of the box. My first one got a little messed up when I started "playing" with some of the hundreds and hundreds of adjustable parameters, so I re-loaded the stock Iris+ parameters with Mission Planner, and got it back to stock out of the box. Then I bought a second Iris+ to "play" with. I did the "autotune", and it works very well, but you have to have some open space, to let it do it's thing. I found autotune raised my PID's quite a bit, and I wound up pulling the roll rate down some, as I have a quivering right thumb! Still haven't got up the nerve to try any auto missions yet, but coming soon. I have a few sets of 10" props at the post office to try on my Iris+, and a knock off APM 2.6 that I'm going to put into a new F450, and play some more.

Old Man

Bart,

All the 3DR RTF copters are pre-configured out of the box with the exception of failsafe modes. I believe the battery voltage and amperage failsafes are dialed in for the batteries supplied with the copter. I would check that and do a compass cal just in case though.