Tips to flying 2 axis gimbals + question on video out for H3-2D

maxwelltub

I'm flying a naza f450 with the new H3-2D and have not been impressed with my pan, which is my flying i guess. I plan on putting the gimbal on a hexa which might help, but do you guys lower your rudder response on the transmitter to help dull down the yaw? I would also think lower the yaw gain might be part of the solution as well.

Second question is is there a difference in the video out cable from the Z15 and the H3-2D? I'd like to just use the same video TX between the two.

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
An easy way to get a consistant and smooth pan, get to the desired altitude, set GPS position hold, and feed in some rudder trim to get the multi rotating, The amount of trim will determine how fast the speed of rotation is but you need to make sure your GPS position hold is rock solid before trying it. If the compass calibration is off or there is a problem with declination then it can start to go into the dreaded toilet bowl circling as it turns. This is pretty much the only method I use now and it gives me the flexibility to pan 360 degrees as fast or as slow as I want, conditions permitting. If its windy at altitude it doesn't matter how solid your GPS is, the wind is going to push it around some regardless, only solution for that is a third axis for gimbal pan and a second operator to work the gimbal while the pilot holds the multi in place as best as he can.

Ken

ZAxis

Maxwelltub

Z15 has video plus power on the video cable, the H3 does not

View attachment 12945
So the H3 needs its own power supply. We used a small 3S Lipo. You could also take off from a BEC.

andy

Attachments

• zen  vid.jpg
    zen vid.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 299