This is confirmation DJI are not to make a GH4 gimbal ; (

Mick Koi

well even though a few people have managed to get their GH3 gimbal to take there new GH4 camera with not to many issues, iv been hoping that DJI would be releasing a new GH4 Gimbal for the new Panasonic camera, I've contacted DJI direct to enquire, and received an email saying they have no plans in the near future to do so. File attached....

Attachments

• dji email.jpg
    dji email.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 408

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
Insert crying emoticon here....

Hey ho. I don't blame them. The 10K GH5 will be out next year no doubt...:nevreness:

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
well even though a few people have managed to get their GH3 gimbal to take there new GH4 camera with not to many issues, iv been hoping that DJI would be releasing a new GH4 Gimbal for the new Panasonic camera, I've contacted DJI direct to enquire, and received an email saying they have no plans in the near future to do so. File attached....

They are making the Ronin now.. who needs a gimbal that only takes 1 camera?!?!

Mick Koi

ill be honest and say thats the first iv heard of the Ronin, so all may not be lost after all ! haha, and yep there certainly on with it ; ) i don't fancy seeing what the final price tag will be tho, we'll have to see what happens

Quinton

just found this vid, you can hear the lad saying the ronin is too large for the S1000, and there developing a larger octo to hold the Ronin, oh well back to the drawing board! :upset:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gx3RDd_SmUg

Maybe DJI have changed their forward thinking plans..
Instead of bringing out a new gimbal for each camera why not bring out a new multirotor for each gimbal instead!
TBH I think they are completely lost at the moment, look at the lightbridge, was shipped without the right cables to actually make it work, wont work on their gimbals unless you buy a 5.8GHZ controller, only works with 50/60i output (bit useless if you are in Europe, and hows that going to work with a GH4) their A2 has had so much bad feedback, and they have struggled to get a working firmware for most of the gimbals they already have out there.
Could this be the start of their demise for professional multirotor gear, quite a lot of people seem to be jumping ship?

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
... they have no plans in the near future to do so.

Well I hope they at least manufacture a whole load of the Z15-BMPCC micro-HDMI cables so that we can just modify our Z15-GH3's.

just found this vid, ...

Lots of interesting/amusing statements in that video, the most memorable being the last ... "... there's not much else to it ... it's just gonna work". Really? A bit of new DJI gear is ".. just gonna work"?

That will be quite something. It might even be a first for DJI.

What makes the Ronin so interesting is not having to be tethered to a DJI FC. If the Zenmuse did not have that restriction I would have stuck with an MK FC.

If the Ronin is too tall for an (unmodified) S1000, I wonder why they even released that airframe? Perhaps Quinton is on it ... realistically the Z15-5D combo is a bit too heavy for the S800 so ... they released the S1000. Now they will have to release the S1500 to accommodate the Ronin.