This could be a game changer

Kilby

Personally, I moved to MR's because I was tired of rebuilding the head of my SR every time I tapped the blade on the ground even the tiniest amount. The thought of moving to a system that would have 4 or more heads with all those parts sounds like a nightmare if you ask me. They are so fragile and require such a high level of tuning that it's just not funny.

I'll stick with fixed pitch, thanks.

-Terry

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
Personally, I moved to MR's because I was tired of rebuilding the head of my SR every time I tapped the blade on the ground even the tiniest amount. The thought of moving to a system that would have 4 or more heads with all those parts sounds like a nightmare if you ask me. They are so fragile and require such a high level of tuning that it's just not funny.

I'll stick with fixed pitch, thanks.

-Terry

I'm looking at it purely from the point of view that I want to FPV one of these things upside down around the field then flip it rightside up again! The video you could get from either the pilot cam downlink or an onboard GoPro would be absolutely crazy being able to fly that way.

For APV I'll stick to more conventional setups...

Ken

DennyR

I think there will be a lot of variations on the same principle but FWIW a tri copter has the most going for it. The FC with a 120deg. swash will do the job without too much brain work. The Naza-H has the tail rotor output built in that can control the rudder servo that tilts the rear rotor like a basic tricopter. You could make a prototype using just standard heli parts. We know it works because I just heard about another one that is flying aeros. Tic Tocs etc.

As MR's have progressed, the high end machines have got into larger and larger props. It follows that as increased efficiency becomes ever more important that trend will continue.

Last edited by a moderator: