The future of multirotor as we know it

photobobga

In this month's Model Aviation magazine Bob Brown, President of AMA, Academy of Model Aeronautics addresses his strong concern about irresponsible people flying drones near full-scale aircraft, siting the nationally reported event of a drone flying at the approach to JFK International Airport. The AMA is lobbying hard to educate our legislation as to our needs to correctly understand our industry. 35 states have some type of legislative proposals that could affect our future. Please fly responsibly and report those that could terminate our livelihood.

http://amablog.modelaircraft.org/amagov/drone-legislation/

Professional drone/multirotor training in Canada (Quebec) from an accredited Transport Canada College!

Here you have it folks! I believe that such training will become mandatory in Canada in order to qualify for commercial liability insurance required for the delivrance of Special Flight Permit from Transport Canada (FAA equivalent). I believe that several countries are looking at this model with a great deal of interest! This is intended for professionals that will be called upon to use MR/Drones at work such as police forces, firefighters, movies cameraman and the like. It should not affect recreational MR flying on private properties as a hobby for pleasure. I think you will like what you see...

http://cqfa.cegep-chicoutimi.qc.ca/pro/index.php?id=1006&lng=An

This is certainly not the first nor the last we will see in the very near future (2013...)

Last edited by a moderator:

gtranquilla

RadioActive
I think it is an excellent idea.....but.....
I see that it is under CEGEP........ and it is in near Canada's capital Ottawa and inside Canada's only French province. I
trust that it will be offered in both French and English.
However Canada is over 3300 miles wide.... so to be fair there has to be an equivalent course offered in western Canada.....

Looking now for other Transport Canada accredited colleges......:dread:

Professional drone/multirotor training in Canada (Quebec) from an accredited Transport Canada College!

Here you have it folks! I believe that such training will become mandatory in Canada in order to qualify for commercial liability insurance required for the delivrance of Special Flight Permit from Transport Canada (FAA equivalent). I believe that several countries are looking at this model with a great deal of interest! This is intended for professionals that will be called upon to use MR/Drones at work such as police forces, firefighters, movies cameraman and the like. It should not affect recreational MR flying on private properties as a hobby for pleasure. I think you will like what you see...

http://cqfa.cegep-chicoutimi.qc.ca/pro/index.php?id=1006&lng=An

This is certainly not the first nor the last we will see in the very near future (2013...)

Some additional info received re: Posting #3 above for formal commercial MR training...
=======================================================
The Light Drone PIlot's Course details will be announced later in June and I will write to you again. The
course will be available in French first, followed by English not too long after. Because of the equipment required to complete 42 of the 130 hours, at this time, we plan to give it only in Montreal.

Thank you for your interest

Jean LaRoche, MRAeS
Director R&D and Continuing Education
CQFA -- Chicoutimi College
640 Orly Avenue, suite 130
Dorval (Quebec) H9P 1E9 Canada

R_Lefebvre

Arducopter Developer
I think it is an excellent idea.....but.....
I see that it is under CEGEP........ and it is in near Canada's capital Ottawa and inside Canada's only French province. I
trust that it will be offered in both French and English.
However Canada is over 3300 miles wide.... so to be fair there has to be an equivalent course offered in western Canada.....

Looking now for other Transport Canada accredited colleges......:dread:

You think it will be available in Quebec in english? LOL

There is another similar course available in Ontario, at Canadore College.

DDuncan

Very interested here. Even though for an American i'm sure the rating wouldnt hold water officially here, still gives a massive leg up when clearing out multi's for video production. Makes it easier to show you're a professional, which makes getting your gear approved far easier...