Test Flight 10th December 2012

ROVguy

This is my test flight today after repairing the quad after the nasty crash I had in November. Theres something not right with it, but Im not sure what. It yaws to port (left) slightly and drifts to port and aft quite drastically. Once all the GPS satellites had kicked in I think it seemed to settle down some. But Im sure there is still an underlying problem. The quad was being operated in GPS mode throughout the flight.

I didnt get chance to check to see if the motors were hot as the other half was feeling the cold a bit, I will have to remember to that the next time I fly.

How do you check to see if a motor is out of whack or prop is unbalanced?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZoCJJ2PyLE

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
If you are flying only in GPS are you waiting for full lock before take off?

Are the motors connected with bullets? Guessing they are, could be a dry joint

Dave

Langdale

I'm new to hexas and have a F550 with Naza + GPS.
Mine also kept drifting to the left. I have a small garden and had to keep bringing it back to centre it. Then I decided to let it go to see how far it would go. It drifted about 2-3 yards to the left and then hovered as though it had found it's GPS location. Next time I started it up I waited until it had found all the satellites (green light) but then I waited a few seconds more and the green light flashed several time, I assume it was finally locking everything. It then flew OK.
Peter

ROVguy

Yep, thanks for that guys. I was a bit more patient today and all was well after I let all of the satellites kick in and the GPS lock on. Well, I should say all was well until I crashed into a well disguised tree. No damage done though.

cademan

Hey guys. When powered the hexa you should wait for a pre check the hexa does then wait for a combination of one green and multiple reds depending on how many satelites it has picked up.

Sent from my fishing boat.

Langdale

"then wait for a combination of one green and multiple reds depending on how many satelites it has picked up". It sounds like you are linking the number of red lights to the number of satellites.

You should wait for the GPS to find all the satellites. It will flash green and then the lower the number of red lights are how many it's found. Have a look in the manual for LEDs. You should wait until it finds at least 6 (green flash and ONE red flash, or just green flash), then wait for the 5 green flashes. The red flashes are not the number of satellites, they just show it's looking for them, so wait until you get just a green flash or green +1.

cademan

"then wait for a combination of one green and multiple reds depending on how many satelites it has picked up". It sounds like you are linking the number of red lights to the number of satellites.

You should wait for the GPS to find all the satellites. It will flash green and then the lower the number of red lights are how many it's found. Have a look in the manual for LEDs. You should wait until it finds at least 6 (green flash and ONE red flash, or just green flash), then wait for the 5 green flashes. The red flashes are not the number of satellites, they just show it's looking for them, so wait until you get just a green flash or green +1.

Thanks for clearing that up, I read the diagram wrong.

View attachment 8237

Attachments

• NM_User_Manual_en.jpg
    NM_User_Manual_en.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 219