Tarot motor changeout

nealj4

I have a Tarot 680 Pro Hex and I have one motor acting up slightly so I want to look into starting to change them over to something more readily available ( something from Hobbyking preferably). The motors are Tarot # TL68po2 4006 kv 620. Can anyone suggest a cross reference motor? Is the Tarot motor a good motor? Can I replace just the one or should I replace all 6 to get matched motors? I would rather not buy from china and wait 4-6 weeks when I need a motor.

Old Man

There are several good choices between the different brands. I won't suggest one brand or model over another because that usually kicks up a personal preference thing with different people. You can search the better brand names with the various good reputation vendors and check the spec sheets for what you want or need. I don't know the vendors in Canada but in the U.S. you have places like Ready Made RC where you'll find a large selection of T-Motor products, Helipal, Addictive RC for different brands, and many other vendors. I'll suggest replacing all of the motors if you elect to change brands from what you have now to avoid potential mysterious control issues after a single motor change. Tarot motors are generally of pretty good quality to answer that question.

Pumpkinguy

I would say if you are gonna splurge on one component the motors are a good one to splurge on. Consider tmotor or kde. Tmotor makes a real sweet high efficiency 4006 and 4008.
I'm in Canada too. Consider amain.com or ready made rc. Both are awesome. You will likely have to pay the mailman a few bucks at the door. I have yet to find a Canadian dealer that stocks this stuff.