Tarot 650, What A Disappointment

Just received the Tarot 650. What I got was not what was pictured in the eBay auction. The photo in the auction showed landing gear that had aluminum strut braces from the horizontal carbon fiber tube to what looked like an aluminum T fitting on the vertical section of the landing gear.

I had seen this gear sold separately but thought this auction included the landing gear. The landing gear I received is the stock gear of which is junk in my book. Sloppy fit on all ends of the T fitting and set screws that are to place pressure on a hollow carbon fiber 12mm tube.

Anyone know where this upgraded landing gear can be purchased from? Also where is a good source for longer 12mm carbon fiber tubes. I had links saved on my computer for both and when I rebooted my computer all my links I have been saving for my new build are gone.

SJBrit

I'm not sure where you can get he upgraded landing gear that you are referring to, but you can vastly improve the stock gear by drilling all the way through and buying longer bolts and some locking nuts. I agree though - the set screws are worthless.

I'm not sure where you can get he upgraded landing gear that you are referring to, but you can vastly improve the stock gear by drilling all the way through and buying longer bolts and some locking nuts. I agree though - the set screws are worthless.

The quality of airframe is great, but Tarot needs to replace the T connector that joins the vertical and horizontal tubes. I saw the replacement kit and very well made. I will search the net again tonight. For now I am going to Epoxy or hot glue the connection and make it very ridged. Waiting on the rest of my gear to arrive. Bought the top and bottom center section to add to the current center, but HobbyKing had no standoff's in stock. Stopping by one of our local hobby shops that I have not been to in 35 years to see what they have on hand.

AzViper

Dizzy is this the landing gear your speaking of. I have the link on my computer. Once I find it I will post it. If memory serves me the gear is $29.00...

attachment.php

Attachments

• Landing Gear.jpg
    Landing Gear.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 206

Just received the Tarot 650. What I got was not what was pictured in the eBay auction. The photo in the auction showed landing gear that had aluminum strut braces from the horizontal carbon fiber tube to what looked like an aluminum T fitting on the vertical section of the landing gear.

I had seen this gear sold separately but thought this auction included the landing gear. The landing gear I received is the stock gear of which is junk in my book. Sloppy fit on all ends of the T fitting and set screws that are to place pressure on a hollow carbon fiber 12mm tube.

Anyone know where this upgraded landing gear can be purchased from? Also where is a good source for longer 12mm carbon fiber tubes. I had links saved on my computer for both and when I rebooted my computer all my links I have been saving for my new build are gone.

I installed the Quanum Retractable gear that Hobby King sells for $70.
I shortened the mounting angles about 1" and they work great.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=56988
However, talking about truth in advertising,, their ad clearly depicts a camera mount which does NOT come with the legs.
The legs are still of good quality and worth the $70.

R_Lefebvre

Arducopter Developer
I use the standard gear with the flimsy plastic tubes and set screws. So far, it's actually been fine for me. I mean, it's flimsy, but the whole frame is flimsy, so no surprise there. I did have one leg twist once, but generally it's been OK.

R_Lefebvre

Arducopter Developer

This is who I bought the Tarot 650 from. I bought knowing it was slightly more than others due to the landing gear. I have contacted eBay and the seller. Sounds like the seller is going to make good on it, but will see.

Sorry to hear you are unhappy. I am thrilled with mine.
(Maybe I thrill easily) I thought the parts went together well and
it is light when completed.
It easily handles my big 4830 motors and flys like a dream with a V-1 Naza.
I hope it all works out well for you.

Sorry to hear you are unhappy. I am thrilled with mine.
(Maybe I thrill easily) I thought the parts went together well and
it is light when completed.
It easily handles my big 4830 motors and flys like a dream with a V-1 Naza.
I hope it all works out well for you.

beside not not getting what I purchased the Tarot 650 looks to be made nicely. The landing gear is cheap. As I said, will see how the seller decides to make good. Don't show photos of a product and misled customers and deliver what was shown.

BUYER BEWARE: When I purchased the Tarot 650 on eBay from EGRANDMART I was led to believe I was buyer from an American company in Gardena, Ca. but it's a online store opened in China and shipped from the USA. I have contacted the seller and they are not going to make good on what I was misled in purchasing. They will except a return but I pay the return shipping fees. I could have bought the 650 for $87.00 but paid $109.98 due to the upgraded landing gear as seen in the photo of their auction. I knew right away when EGRANDMART returned my eBay message with all the broken English what I was dealing with. Listen learn as eBay will side with the seller because of the amount of products this operation moves and places profits in eBays pockets.

AzViper

Sorry to read of your eBay purchase. Its BS that they show an item of which is misrepresented and you don't get what you believe your buying. Then your force to either except the order or pay to have it returned. Like you said Ebay and PayPal usually will side with the seller when that seller moves lots of products. I closed my PayPal account and have not purchased items on eBay in years.

BigTulsa

The 680 landing skid construction isn't much different. Cheap, cheap, cheap...what my brother and I (this is a joint build) wound up doing was taking a fiberglass cattle prod and subbing the carbon fiber with it. A little heavier but worth it.

I am hoping that someone can answer my question. I have 1000 watt AC to DC power supply that has a very clean 12 volt DC rail pulled from a computer. The PS is high dollar unit. Will it work for a PS for a charger?