XAircraft SuperX not initialising properly -FIXED

wbrownj

Hi all,
This is a weird FYI just in case it may help anyone in future.

Today was the first day in forever to take x650 to the field having only flown it in the garden for ages due to weather and work. Just the other day it was working fine but when I got it to the field today it would not arm properly. I had no idea what is going on or what might have caused it.

I put the Tx on in GPS mode and then power up the 650. The usual beeps are heard and there is the initial flurry of red and green led flashes but then it immediately goes to slow single green flashing at about 1 second intervals. There is no seeking for satellites or anything. The motors will not spool up at all. Changing to ATT or manual makes no difference. (still green light flashing as before). Putting it into Failsafe and the LED goes red as expected and likewise I can operate the remote led lights.

I cannot get it into calibration mode at all. It was all very frustrating and so I went home without having flown the 650.

I connected it to computer (all OK) and re-installed firmware and SuperX.exe - no change and I am getting desperate.

I even re-bound the Tx to the Rx but still no joy.

Finally I re-imported all the model setting on the Tx from the DX8's memory card and then things were OK again.
I have NO IDEA what would have caused an apparent corruption of the in-memory model parameters on the DX8 but am really glad that I found the problem.

All the best,

Jonathan

skquad

Glad you found the problem. You should post this in the spectrum forum as the issues had nothing to do with the x650. You'll get more help there about this.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

wbrownj

Hi skquad,

Agreed but I posted here more as an FYI. My dx8 has been flawless since I bought it so it may be just one of those random things.
I'll certainly have a look at the spektrum forum to see if anything similar is mentioned.

Cheers

J