XAircraft Super X different motor outputs

This is my first post on this forum but I see that there is a lot of helpful people here so I was wondering if someone could take a look at my problem and hopefully help me :)

I have a fairly large quad carrying BMPCC I have not flown it that often and I am pretty new to the Super X and I didn't check the flight log until just recently and noticed there that the motor outputs for motors 1 and 3 are a lot higher than motors 2 and 4.

Here is the flight log:
http://log.xaircraft.com/#2015_08_24_155309.750_75.1.06.53
http://log.xaircraft.com/report.htm#2015_08_24_155309.750_75.1.06.53

At first I thought that the motors might not be aligned but as far as I can tell they are almost perfectly aligned. There might be like a tiny tiny difference but is it really that sensitive to it?

Let me know what you think :)

20150809_191737-1-jpg.26026

Attachments

• 20150809_191737[1].jpg
    20150809_191737[1].jpg
    183.3 KB · Views: 445

fltundra

Motor alignment is off, you want to see 5% or less in a clean air hover. Have you pinned those motor mounts to the carbon tubes?
If not, you need to do it as they will twist sooner or later. Compass also may need to be moved. Might be picking up some magnetic interference from the lipo. You want to have heading and compass lines parallel.

Motor alignment is off, you want to see 5% or less in a clean air hover. Have you pinned those motor mounts to the carbon tubes?
If not, you need to do it as they will twist sooner or later. Compass also may need to be moved. Might be picking up some magnetic interference from the lipo. You want to have heading and compass lines parallel.

Hi and thanks for the reply. So it must be motor alignment then. And no I have not pinned those motor mounts but I will try to find a way to do it. Could you maybe take a look at the vibrations as well? Do they look bad? I am always getting some vibrations but can't really tell if it is just from the gimbal itself or the frame.. I'm uploading a video now from the same flight and will post it as soon as it gets ready. Thanks :)

fltundra

Vibs are not causing it to not fly right. Maybe they could be better, but not having the aircraft in front of me to fly, it's subjective.
Motors being out might be big part of vibrations that your speaking of. When you get it right, craft will yaw around left and right equally.
As in won't struggle in either direction.:)

Last edited by a moderator:

Vibs are not causing it to not fly right. Maybe they could be better, but not having the aircraft in front of me to fly, it's subjective.
Motors being out might be big part of vibrations that your speaking of. When you get it right, craft will yaw around left and right equally.
As in won't struggle in either direction.:)

Thanks again for your time :)

Here is a video from the flight:

Do you think these vibrations are caused because of the quad itself or the gimbal? I have now removed the vibration dampeners which you can see between the gimbal and the frame because I found it too wobbly with it and it does not make any difference to have them. So I thought it may be just some tuning issues but still it works well handheld... Please let me know what you think. I appreciate it :)

Yeah it flies better. Especially when descending. And yeah I will try to find a better place for the GPS. Thank you for the help :)

fltundra

Yeah it flies better. Especially when descending. And yeah I will try to find a better place for the GPS. Thank you for the help :)
I don't know if you have telemetry and have live current reading. But your flight time should be a little longer, as the motors aren't fighting each other.