Super Wobble

Zeke

Hello all.

So, Got my F450 in and had been mostly practicing over soft dirt and grass, flying nice and stable. Until I drove to a friends house to show off. About 14 minutes in, It took a spill and snapped the GPS antenna mount at the base. So I remounted it with some velcro ontop of the battery. When I got back home and tried to fly on Atti or GPS it will take off fine until it gets about 2 feet off the ground and then it gets a horrible 6-8 inch vertical wobble from motor's 2 and 4.

Now, I've got new APC props on order (Maybe its an Extremely out of balance prop?), Changed the mounted location of gps in the Naza via computer. And checked for missing hardware on the motors, all checked out fine.

Running Stock props and gains. Futaba 7C. Turnigy nano 2650 mAH 3S.

Also when trying to fly with my Turnigy 5000 battery it immediately takes off and trys to do a front flip over motor 1. Every single time. No hovering, nothing.

Thank you for any input.

Zeke

DesJardins

Quad balanced out?
Calibrate the compass after install?
IMU calibration through the "tools" menu in the assistant?

Just a few things to quickly check

Zeke

The only thing that MAY be throwing it off balance would be the GPS module sitting velcro'd to the battery, or the crappy stock props. The compass was calibrated earlier today before the first flight and that didn't do much of anything. Before calibrating my X was at -0.4, Y -0.6, Z at -0.3 With the Acceleration at X -0.3, Y -0.1, Z -0.6. Now they're all at 0.0 except for the Acceleration at Z -0.9. Is this negative value normal? I go into TX calibration and now my E slide and A slide won't go all the way left. It's like there's a deadzone. I don't have any trims set on the TX.

It's a bit late now to test everything outside now. But I'll give a report tomorrow. Hopefully this fixed most of the super wobble. I know it's not going to be perfect running stock props... But I know for a fact an 8 inch super wobble isn't right. Thanks Des

Last edited by a moderator:

Zeke

It flew like a dream. Problem is that it GPS won't hold it in a single place. It wants to hover in a 5 meter circle, even after calibration.

Last edited by a moderator:

homer911

I have a similar problem. I crashed last week and broke a prop and the gps mast. I tried to relocate the gps onto the top of my dome. Changed the settings in assistant. I forgot to calibrate the digital compass after, and it flies like a rock. Moved the gps back to its original location and first I could only get > 7 satellites. Dont know why. Now I can get 2 red flashes. I did the calibration in my back garden beside the conservatory. Maybe thats why, I need to do it in an open area. Still waiting for a prop to replace the on I broke.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2