Super G2 Ultra stabi

iceman

Looks like even those with a super G2 on a full size heli have stability problems. It was interesting to hear that they needed the 4k res to allow enough headroom to post stabi the image. Here is the video.

Last edited by a moderator:

Burntpixel

Looks like even those with a super G2 on a full size heli have stability problems. It was interesting to hear that they needed the 4k res to allow enough headroom to post stabi the image. Here is the video.

Good post! You are going to see the aerial image acquisition world change massively in a few months. If in fact BlackMagic can deliver on their promised Pocket 4K camera, I do believe the playing field will become quite a bit different.

Thank about it. A $3500 Hexi with a $1000 brushless gimbal carrying a $1000 4K video camera. :tennis:

iceman

I totally agree, even a gopro hero 3 black can deliver 4k, albeit at a lower bit rate than say a C300, black magic or f700.

mitmit

If in fact BlackMagic can deliver on their promised Pocket 4K camera, I do believe the playing field will become quite a bit different.

Thank about it. A $3500 Hexi with a $1000 brushless gimbal carrying a $1000 4K video camera. :tennis:

BM pocket camera is not 4k, its HD (1080), and I doubt they ever promiced it will do 4k.
I wouldnt hope much to see any 4k production quality camera in that size and 1Kusd price range in nearest future. Just imagine who will then buy BMCC or Epic/scarlet? and I'm afraid camera manufacturers do know it very well)

Burntpixel

BM pocket camera is not 4k, its HD (1080), and I doubt they ever promised it will do 4k.
I wouldn't hope much to see any 4k production quality camera in that size and 1Kusd price range in nearest future. Just imagine who will then buy BMCC or Epic/scarlet? and I'm afraid camera manufacturers do know it very well)

You are correct mitmit,I misquoted the spec,s. The BM Pocket still is one heck of a cam for the dollar. Weigh with battery and card is 355 grams. The claimed dynamic range is pretty impressive. Also shoots at around 220 MBps.

CinemaDNG RAW and ProRes
The Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera records into high quality ProRes 422 (HQ) and lossless compressed CinemaDNG RAW files so you retain fine image detail with wide dynamic range for amazing images. This means that the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera supports true open file formats, so you're not locked into a strange file format that your editing software can't handle.

If this camera does in fact deliver as promised, I think it will in fact change the aerial image acquisition landscape. In this weight class, I am not aware of any other camera capable of delivering the manufacturers stated abilities. For $1000 dollars I for one will get this camera. It has multiple uses as I would use it for general B-roll on set and when needed fly it. Most of my work is in the non-flying mode,more on set or on location shooting as a DP. The BM would be an added bonus if my client needed say an unusual angle or aerial pov. The BM Pocket can sit around unused and not cause me any financial burden.

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
And it has hdmi out so you don't need a paralinx or other hd vtx that can accommodate sdi out. If only the pocket had global shutter! I wonder what the wait time is on these? I wonder too how bad the crop is on super 16. And it's only in a mft mount. That tokina 11-16 will be the only usable lens unless you happen to have a gimbal good enough to work with a 50mm plus lens.

SMP

^ Yup!

Frankly more interested in the BMC4K and whether the loss of DR range still puts it in RED/ARRI territory image wise. If the image holds, then no need to lift Scarlets. Heavy Lift just got a lot lighter.